Gorgeous, Golden Retriever Dogs for sale

Old April 4th 17, 01:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

Default Gorgeous, Golden Retriever Dogs for sale

Well, yes, FB, Reddit, and all that GUI crap has pretty much taken
away the old Usenet traffic base, much in the same way that Noodles'
favorite, "Goo Goo Groups{", did back when he coulnd't figure out how
to use an SMTP client. (He is THAT dumb!) What cause the downfall of
Usenet, too, was the DMCA complaints on newsgroups that were posting
rips from DVDs, CDs, LPs...anything...for free. Remember, taht's when
AOHell, YaHell, and then GooGoo dumped their SMTP access, leaving only
those hardy enough to wrangle their favorite client to use it. Most
people these days are pretty "technically declined" and dont'
undestand the first thing about 'net protocols, so down she went. The
big corporations like ti that way, because with these HTML sites, they
can montior what everyone's doing and track them down. Not so with
Usenet, where anonymity reign supreme.

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:44:12 -0700 (PDT), frschoonover
wrote:

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 3:17:16 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Sorry about that and yes this group has been dead since charly noodles was
run off by derterbob

Andy

It's not just DesertBob running Charlie "Noodles" Nudo off of this group. It also has to do with Facebook rising in popularity. As I've previously said in another topic, Facebook is slowly making Google/Usenet Groups obsolete. You can actually start discussion groups on there without hardly any hassles. Pretty soon, with Facebook continuing to grow in popularity, Google/Usenet groups will probably be abandoned and possibly nobody will think about posting in them anymore. I happen to be a member of many 8-Track tape themed groups on Facebook and I also own and admin one myself. Plus, posting volumes have decreased here in the Google/Usenet groups. Only very few people post things in here in these groups and mostly, it's trolls who post off topic stuff such as this particular one.

Several years ago, MSN closed off it's groups as a result of the popularity of Facebook as it was, at the time, very fast becoming popular. Plus, MSN Groups' lost it's niche and they weren't being used anymore. Most of the MSN Groups transferred to a site that was called Multiply, but that site died as quickly as it was born.

Regarding the other thing in regards to my use of sarcasm to the post about Golden Retriever dogs, you've really done nothing to be sorry for. It's also partly my fault. I should have used in parenthesis the phrases "sarcasm begins here" at the beginning and "sarcasm ends here" at the end. Next time, I will do so.

Regarding 8-Track's, I scored a pristine near mint copy of Frank Sinatra's album Come Fly With Me. The tape sounds, looks and plays great and it still has it's original slipcase.

Thanks all and take care. Happy Tracking.