World used stamps -- good place to give them away to

Old July 28th 03, 06:26 PM
mBird

Default World used stamps -- good place to give them away to

Hi --

I had a load of world stamps that are all used, off paper, and cleaned up
(resoaked to make sure not musty). I have about the amount that would fit in
a shoe box (so a good size since all off paper). I'm wondering how I could
find a good place to contribute these. I know many people would take them
but I'm hoping to find someone needy who may otherwise not be able to get
stamps easilly but would really like them (Uraguay used to have a program
Philatelic Friend years ago but I just emailed them and turns out they no
longer have the program)

Thanks

Old July 28th 03, 08:16 PM
Tracy Barber

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:26:05 GMT, "mBird" wrote:

Hi --

I had a load of world stamps that are all used, off paper, and cleaned up
(resoaked to make sure not musty). I have about the amount that would fit in
a shoe box (so a good size since all off paper). I'm wondering how I could
find a good place to contribute these. I know many people would take them
but I'm hoping to find someone needy who may otherwise not be able to get
stamps easilly but would really like them (Uraguay used to have a program
Philatelic Friend years ago but I just emailed them and turns out they no
longer have the program)

If you had a valid e-mail address, I'd send you an e-mail. If you're
serious about contributing some stamps, e-mail me instead. I have
been donating stamps for 3 years and have many different places to
send to as well as newbies.

Tracy Barber
Old July 28th 03, 08:27 PM
David F.

Hi --

I had a load of world stamps that are all used, off paper, and cleaned up
(resoaked to make sure not musty). I have about the amount that would fit in
a shoe box (so a good size since all off paper). I'm wondering how I could
find a good place to contribute these. I know many people would take them
but I'm hoping to find someone needy who may otherwise not be able to get
stamps easilly but would really like them (Uraguay used to have a program
Philatelic Friend years ago but I just emailed them and turns out they no
longer have the program)

Thanks

Tracy Barber is "the man" when it comes to
Stamp Donations to good causes. He often
publicises the fact, and has given me a very
useful selection in the past!

I am sure they will be put to very good use
if you send them to him!

Regards,

David .

Old July 29th 03, 02:34 AM
Tracy Barber

Undertandable, especially if you don't post here daily, like many of
us do. Harvesting e-mail names is a common game amongst some
spammers.

My "Freebie Stamp Project" isn't a solicitation project - but when you
brought it up I figured I'd ask anyway. Many people here have donated
to it and lots of good stamps find new homes.

I also needed to check if you were trolling or not. We get quite a
few trolls around here that we just can't tell sometimes.

Keep the faith!

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:05:29 GMT, "mBird" wrote:

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I'll wait a bit and see if any
individuals that need them reply or contact other posts I made -- then if
not I'll email and maybe you can find a good home for them.
Please excuse my invalid email (putting an email in a newsgroup results in
so much SPAM from email harvesters that I always put )
Thank you.

Old July 29th 03, 07:11 AM
DROGER Jean-Paul

I give all stamps I don't like to continue to keep (I don't collect
all countries and many of yhem have a low value, it is not possible to
sell or exchange it) to youth section of my stamp clubs (in France I
am only member from 5 clubs, and 2 here in LYON), they can use it! I
think it is necessary to find new collectors, as young as possible, if
not stamp collecting will die!!

I am estonished that APS, the number of members is going down each
month now, doesn't have a better politic for kids! They accepts
perhaps also stamps!!
Old July 29th 03, 09:09 AM
Dave Joll

Tracy Barber wrote

[...]

I'll post in support of Tracy. I sent him a large stack of
modern used NZ letter rate definitives recently for his
stamp donation programme (have they arrived yet?).
Convenient way to get rid of stamps that are dirt common
here but not common overseas... let Tracy do all the hard
work.

- Dave
--
Check out Worldwide Stamp New Issues at
http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~jollian

Please send replies to New Zealand instead of Zanzibar.
Sorry, but the spam is just getting a little bit too much...

Old July 29th 03, 09:19 AM
Jet

Hi,

Here is a good place to send them. www.smiliespeople.org.uk

I hope this is helpful

Kind regards

Lynne

Old July 29th 03, 04:10 PM
mBird

Hi --
What is "troll"? (I guess it is common expresion because I looked in
GoogleGroups but I never saw or could discern a definition??? -- I am
guesing it is someone looking to harvest emails to then future solicite them
for selling?)
Please excuse the off topic -- I was just wondering for my own
net-vocabulary
Cheers!

Old July 29th 03, 05:54 PM
Eric Bustad