Live/mail auction - Miller estate - June 18

Old June 7th 04, 08:24 PM
Ada Prill

Default Live/mail auction - Miller estate - June 18

As some of you know, my very dear friend Dusty Miller passed away last
November, and I am executor of her estate. Her will left instructions that
her philatelic holdings be sold for the benefit of her niece. That sale will
take place on June 18 at 6:15pm, right after the close of the first day of
ROPEX 2004. The lots may be examined anytime during the day during show
hours. Mail/e-mail bids will be accepted - for a description of the lots and
instructions for bidding by e-mail, take a look at
http://www.geocities.com/rpastamps/ropexauction.html

I will be handling all mail bids, so let me assure you that RCS
members do not have to worry about the $5 minimum shipping charge. If you
mention RCS in your e-mail bid, you will be charged actual postage rounded
up to the nearest dollar.

The greatest concentration is in postal history of Territorial Alaska
and the WWII-era transport airmail series, but there are also ACE covers,
FDCs and event covers relating to bicycles and women aviators, post office
pictures, and much more. I have scanned some items and hope to get more
scans up the end of this week. There will probably be a few lots added, but
only very few.

For anyone interested in attending the auction, please note that it
will be held at 6:15pm, not 7pm as published accounts have indicated.

Please take a look. There are wonderful things being sold in this
auction!

Ada