8 track players, blanks, etc...

Old April 2nd 10, 07:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_3_]

Default 8 track players, blanks, etc...

Speak up for your wants now, or it goes into the landfill.

Wollensaks w/manual, lots of quality blanks, lots of repadded
prerecorded carts.

I MUST make room, new arrival on the way! ALL 8 track stuff MUST GO!
Old August 24th 10, 04:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:00:40 -0700, DeserTBoB
wrote:

Speak up for your wants now, or it goes into the landfill.

Wollensaks w/manual, lots of quality blanks, lots of repadded
prerecorded carts.

I MUST make room, new arrival on the way! ALL 8 track stuff MUST GO!

Some blanks and prerecorded carts still are showing up in boxes. If
you are looking for quality blanks and good/repadded/redone carts, hit
me up in here. Otherwise, off to the landfill they go like the rest
of the stuff. I think there's still an Allied player out there,
too...unrestored. Rest is gone, or in the ground.

I'll give a.c.8-t-t veterans first pick (except Noodles, of course!)
on what's left.
Old August 24th 10, 09:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

are you really giveing it up bob?
i still own my stuff wont ever sell it

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old August 24th 10, 06:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 04:14:32 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

are you really giveing it up bob?
i still own my stuff wont ever sell it

When I got rid of the car that had an indash 8 track, that was
basically the end of 8 track for me. I still had the Wollensak and a
bunch of carts (most now gone) but I never really liked listening to
them, because there was always something to fiddle with to try to get
them to play halfway decently. The format interferes with the music
more than anything. So, I chucked it all. Besides, 8 track is a HUGE
space consumer, and I had to make way for other things. The car I
drive now has a Sanyol cassette/CD, and my truck is CD. It's better
all the way around, although I can't really remember the last time I
went on a trip and listened to a cassette.

I should also point out that I divested myself of all my analog RTR
gear, as well. The business was in the tank, and 3 track
transcription to digital is all but done for the major record labels.
So, my Ampexes all got sold, as well. I only have one RTR deck left
out of the whole bunch, a Teac 3440A I bought new. Once I get all my
quarter track reels dubbed over to digits, that'll go, too.

Hey, it was fun, but time marches on, and 8 track was consuming WAY
too much of my time for what I was getting out of it. Same for the
reel transcription service; no money coming in, out it goes!
Old August 25th 10, 08:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Sorry you had to sell them i love my cd's but i love my vinal better.
i have alot of 8 tracks but not as much as you had iam sure.
thank god noodles is gone or so we hope this group is dead any ways .

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old August 25th 10, 07:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 03:58:10 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

Sorry you had to sell them i love my cd's but i love my vinal better.
i have alot of 8 tracks but not as much as you had iam sure.
thank god noodles is gone or so we hope this group is dead any ways .

Oh yeah, Noodles is gone for good. He got his ass handed back to him
bigtime. It took destroying this NG to get it done, but Usenet's about
done anyway, thanks to the big telecoms need for "control." Idiots
like Noodles helped make that happen, as did the morons at "Goo Goo
Groups," who turned Usenet into a haven for limp-minded kOOks like
Noodles. Had they stayed away, Usenet would be just fine these days.
Google's failure to punish spammers like Noodles and mom-and-pop ISPs'
lack of balls for letting them continue to wreak havoc were probably
the big reasons for Usenet's current shrinkage. Had server owners had
any balls and had they started blocking Google wholesale when things
started getting bad, the whole mess with spam and idiot posters
could've been avoided. The fact remains that you need a few brain
cells to use a Usenet client and set up an NNTP account; idiots like
Noodles couldnt' figure it out, but Goo-Goo made it easy for them with
HTML and Java.
Old August 26th 10, 09:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

I totally agree with you.
call just about any ISP to day and ask what a Usenet news group is and you
get a what is that response.
old time users like us are lucky enough to rember and have used them
sad when the good old stuff gets replaced by hand holding stuff for to days
kids who don't want to learn how to actually use a computer not just play on
it

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old September 5th 10, 12:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
8-Track

On 8/26/2010 4:48 AM, Andy wrote:
I totally agree with you.
call just about any ISP to day and ask what a Usenet news group is and you
get a what is that response.
old time users like us are lucky enough to rember and have used them
sad when the good old stuff gets replaced by hand holding stuff for to days
kids who don't want to learn how to actually use a computer not just play on
it

So you are saying that Noodles can never access this newsgroup ever again?
Old September 6th 10, 06:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 07:50:10 -0400, 8-Track
wrote:

On 8/26/2010 4:48 AM, Andy wrote:
I totally agree with you.
call just about any ISP to day and ask what a Usenet news group is and you
get a what is that response.
old time users like us are lucky enough to rember and have used them
sad when the good old stuff gets replaced by hand holding stuff for to days
kids who don't want to learn how to actually use a computer not just play on
it

So you are saying that Noodles can never access this newsgroup ever again?

Oh, he COULD...but it surely wouldn't be in his best interest to do
so, let's put it that way. His spamming escapades and shannanigans on
eBay (shill bidding, phony sales, etc.) have him on pretty much on the
bubble. His reputation got into the wrong hands, too, let's say.