Rockola CD Bubbler Sound Questions

Old February 22nd 05, 10:51 PM
harry williamson

Default Rockola CD Bubbler Sound Questions

Newbie here. I am looking for more bass, but don't know if
I can drop any bass speaker into this unit. It appears to be a 10" bass
with two sets of leads going into it. I don't know if this is daisy
chained or if there is another bass speaker I am not seeing. The
one I see if centered at the bottom of the cabinet when you open
up the main door.

Has anyone upgraded this speaker, and if so, was there a big difference,
or not enough to go through the hassle and money. If there is only one
bass speaker, why is there a second set of wires? It has two seperate
positive and negative connectors. One on the left side of the speaker, and
one on the right.

I'd like to get this thing thumping. Thanks for any insight. While I'm
thinking
about it, are the original speakers of quality, or cheap inexpensive
speakers.
I have external speakers hooked up and they sound WAAAAAY better than
when I have just the juke turned on.

Harry Williamson
My Security Pro
877 767-2337
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
The Internets Premier Safe and Security SuperStore.
Safes, Key Machines, Keyblanks, Specialty Tools, Door Closers, Hinges, and
EVERYTHING else Security.
www.mysecuritypro.com

Old February 24th 05, 02:18 AM
CHARLIE MAIER

The poor bass is from cabinet design. Rockola does use a good speaker,
so changing it might not improve the bass.
Left and right channels are mixed into the single speaker. External
speakers are the best answer. They allow the true stereo effect, you
can crank them up without rattling the cabinet and you spread the sound
evenly around the room.
What electronics do you have? Black, red or orange? There have been
some updates to the amps. Check Rock-ola's web site.
Charlie

Old June 5th 07, 11:12 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Harry,

Have you checked the EQ setting in the amplifier setup? The right and left main amplifier are made up of LM3886 IC's. These are more than capable of delivering enough thump to the box. They have a rating of 68 watts per channel. The external amplifiers are rated at 120 watts per channel and are made up of two LM3886's in bridge mode. Now on peaks these amplifiers are capable of producing more than double their power rating according to my scope. In my box the dual voice coil low frequency driver has no problem delivering ample natural sounding signal.