PCGS Problem With There Dipping Process

Old January 10th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default Do you really think that only the bottom 5% of PCGS and NGC coinsare ugly?

On Jan 7, 2:47*am, anaconda
wrote:
There was a thread that I loosely interpret as essentially stating or
intimating that CAC is around to protect buyers from buying the bottom
5% of the coins out there in holders.

Do you really believe that only the bottom 5% of the coin are either
overgraded or more importantly ugly....coins that buyers should be
protected from?

I believe that probably about 80% or 90% of the coins I have seen in
holders are coins that I absolutely would not recommend for anyone.
Sorry but that's how I see it.

--
anaconda

I have found that perhaps 25% of PCGS and NGC coins are nice enough to
be sold to a collector at above wholesale prices. The
rest seem to languish in wholesale inventories for years, perhaps
selling to the "cheap slab" bargain hunter after the slabs have
accumulated so many scuffs from handling that the problems are
obscured.
Old January 11th 11, 06:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default PCGS Problem With There Dipping Process

On Jan 6, 1:13*pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
Anybody at FUN stopped by this table? *It's listed to Mike Ellis,
former ANACS and ICG grader...who knows the difference between "their"
and "there."

Well, did anyone see all these hairlined coins in PCGS 66 slabs at the
FUN show?
Old January 12th 11, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Grade-It

"Frank Provasek" wrote
Well, did anyone see all these hairlined coins in PCGS 66 slabs at the
FUN show?

We where at the booth quite often and the coins where there to view to any
one who asked to see them, and we where always able to be in cell phone
contact.

As you know Mike and I where there to work and not to display TPG
over-grades as our prominent reason.. Mike was able to grade many coins in
TPG holders that where over graded or sticker some that where the correct
grade and detect some raw counterfeits.

I will tell you the many coin grading experts saw my over graded coins and
where quite displeased at the over grading

Old January 13th 11, 07:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve

On Jan 12, 9:02*am, "Grade-It" wrote:
"Frank Provasek" wrote

Well, did anyone see all these hairlined coins in PCGS 66 slabs at the
FUN show?

We where at the booth quite often and the coins where there to view to any
one who asked to see them, *and we where always able to be in cell phone
contact.

As you know Mike and I where there to work and not to display TPG
over-grades as our prominent reason.. Mike was able to grade many coins in
TPG holders that where over graded or sticker some that where the correct
grade and detect some raw counterfeits.

I will tell you the many coin grading experts saw my over graded coins and
where quite displeased at the over grading

I'm still wondering about this grade-it. When were the coins dipped?
Who is Mike?
Old January 17th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Images of slabbed coins posted here

http://boards.collectors-society.com...537551&fpart=1

PCGS...problem...what to do? MKW Coins 2 February 8th 09 06:29 AM
Dipping Dennis G. Rears Coins 225 August 4th 07 12:58 PM
Problem with the PCGS web site?? Wes Chormicle Coins 1 June 19th 06 02:13 PM
What is dipping, exactly Lyntoy1 Coins 11 August 14th 03 03:41 AM
Dipping John Coins 5 July 31st 03 03:30 AM