NYCoinMart & PCI Coins

Old January 11th 11, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PYS Numismatics

Default NYCoinMart & PCI Coins

There have been some posts recently regarding both NYCoinMart as well
as the PCI Grading Service. Specifically, there have been some
collectors on here that have been confused regarding the authenticity
of some of the coins associated with PCI. First off what I can say is
that having done business with the guys over at NYCoinMart for several
years, while I can only speak personally, I must say that they have
always provided me with top notch service. I know for fact that the
principles behind this organization both have been in the business for
quite some time and have always been very helpful. In so far as the
pieces they sell, again, I can only speak personally but I have never
once been disappointed. In fact their photography has appeared to have
become signifigantly better and what I can say is that when I purchase
a coin from them I know well in advance precisely what to expect when
the post man shows up.
In so far as the confusion regarding the PCI grading service. What
everyone needs to keep in mind is that as one poster already stated on
here, every business needs to start somewhere. Surley PCGS and the
like started small as well. Again, I have yet to be disappointed with
these guys and have to say that dealing with them has been a pleasure.
Please keep in mind that I have been a very serious hobby collector
for quite some time now and have some across my share of miscreants
both online and at the shows. NYCoinMart is certainly the kind of
business that you want to have around because of their access to some
really nice inventory, especially their Morgans and similar.
Old January 11th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve

Looks like your favorite company is pulling an "Accugrade" and
preparing to sue
people who posted about them online. Got this letter from them over
the weekend. I have
sent a copy to the ANA collector defense fund and my attorney. Anyone
else who gets
a similar letter I suggest do the same.

Old January 11th 11, 05:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"PYS Numismatics" wrote in message
[...]

Just curious. Whom are you defending here, PCI grading service or
NYCoinMart? I'm confused. Maybe I'm missing something, but what in
particular has one to do with the other? While claiming to be only
speaking personally, you seem to be discounting some alleged claims and
"confusion" of others, enough so that you felt the need to post here in
defense of these two firms. Could you elaborate on the so-called confusion
regarding the PCI grading service? As for NYCoinMart, I am glad you have
found them to be a pleasure to do business with.

Old January 11th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Oy. Not that they're on my buying list, but I'd never buy anything from
these ******s, because if you log a complaint anywhere on the Internet, it
appears that they might sic their lawyers on you.

You folks might want to consider changing your name to PMS Numismatics -
that's the image you're projecting here.

Old January 12th 11, 05:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve

On Jan 11, 10:52*pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:

Seems the original post was deleted. *Regardless, I got the same e-
mail. *I was also the one that said their phone number listed in the
ebay auctions in question at the time (888-801-9744) was, in fact,
listed to a Minnesota direct marketing company. *There were originally
four auctions in question, but these two are the only two remaining as
"completed listings."

Something stinks bigtime here. On various boards, people claiming to
know about this company have claimed NY Coin Mart had brought PCI
and
were using the old style 10 digit slabs, but that NYCOINMART on ebay
didn't have anything to do with the NYCOINMART.COM, except
both had a Kevin as the owner...until the eBay seller changed to
VINCE.
People on the VAM board with CLEAR PHOTO EVIDENCE of fakery,
that were quite willing to speculate what was going on suddenly
clammed up,

By the way, if anyone needs it, here is the post from earlier today
which
now seems to have disappeared

From: PYS Numismatics
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins
Subject: NYCoinMart & PCI Coins
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:18:51 -0800 (PST)

host=74.89.48.244; posting-account=XnNPugoAAAD4OZ7JYWvZ-WFK0ouw628j

Old January 13th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

From: PYS Numismatics
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:18:51 -0800 (PST)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

[...]

Steve, thanks for providing the original post.

Jerry