Fake 10-digit old PCI slabs on the market

Old November 13th 10, 02:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve

Default Fake 10-digit old PCI slabs on the market

From a post by John Bradley on vamworld

As most know, the old green 10 digit PCI slabs are highly sought, due
to their grading accuracy. While PCI is not an accepted TPG, due to
later problems, those original slabs are coveted. Well. someone is
exploiting that fact, and are counterfeiting the 10 digit slabs....
The 1st scan is from a REAL 10 digit slab, the 2nd is fake; note that
the boarder on the fake is not a continuous line of PCIPCIPCI and the
logo is smudged. You won't be able to see this detail on the fake
pieces, but the coins won't looks quite right; good luck out there.
John

Real

http://www.vamworld.com/file/view/jg...it_pci_10_.jpg

Fake

http://www.vamworld.com/file/view/jg...it_pci_11_.jpg

http://www.vamworld.com/file/view/Fa...CI_Obverse.jpg

http://www.vamworld.com/file/view/Fa...verse_MS65.jpg

Old December 18th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Dec 17, 5:56*pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:

You're not making a very good case for yourself mentioning NTC. *They
were notorious for severely overgrading. *Any knowledgeable collector
would avoid them. *

You are judging that the issue is overgrading. It sounds more like
outright fraud.
Old December 18th 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Dec 17, 7:15*pm, Peter wrote:
On Dec 17, 5:56*pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:

You're not making a very good case for yourself mentioning NTC. *They
were notorious for severely overgrading. *Any knowledgeable collector
would avoid them. *

You are judging that the issue is overgrading. *It sounds more like
outright fraud.

With intent to deceive, IMHO.

Jerry
Old December 19th 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve

The NYCOINMART listings used to say "Hi, my name is Kevin" Recently
they changed to "Hi, my name is Vince." But
Kevin McNerney owned the NYCOINMART.com domain and admits buying PCI.
It seems inplausible that he can deny that he is not responsible for
these fraudulant coin slabs made to appear as if they are the 20 year
old green lable 10 digit slabs.
Old December 20th 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
joey[_2_]

On Dec 19, 4:33*pm, Steve wrote:
The NYCOINMART listings used to say "Hi, my name is Kevin" *Recently
they changed to "Hi, my name is Vince." *But
Kevin McNerney owned the NYCOINMART.com domain and admits buying PCI.
It seems inplausible that he can deny that he is not responsible for
these fraudulant coin slabs made to appear as if they are the 20 year
old green lable 10 digit slabs.

Vince is Kevins partner they have been running diffrent coin rooms
and using diffrent company names for years . Kevin reacently sold
Sunrise Numismatics inc to his life time buddy Michael Destefano and
Anthony Dellauniversipa , witch i dont understand , because Anthony
owns PCA Collectables , so why would you want two companies doing the
same thing ?? Now another friend of Kevin , Dennis Daidone (grader)He
is a member of the ANA and a graduate from the ANA grading school in
Jacksonville Florida. Dennis has worked as an advisor for other major
grading services and has and eye for perfection."

so I know Dennis did the grading for Kevin when they owned NAS
Grading , but I dont know if he is inloved with PCI , but from what i
understand he has been with him since NTC days . I think these guys
are great! They are doing nothing wrong , I mean is not this how NGC
and PCGS got started ? Everyone out there who knows coins , knows
these guys are and they are connected with everyone , they are ok in
book. A+ guys
Old January 23rd 11, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Gary[_4_]

On Dec 20 2010, 12:03*pm, joey wrote:
Vince is *Kevins partner they have been running diffrent coin rooms
and using diffrent company names for years

Isn't that supposed to be a warning sign?

Now another friend of Kevin , Dennis Daidone (grader)He
is a member of the ANA and a graduate from the ANA grading school in
Jacksonville Florida. Dennis has worked as an advisor for other major
grading services and has and eye for perfection."

so I know Dennis did the grading for Kevin when they owned NAS
Grading , but I dont know if he is inloved with PCI , but from what i
understand he has been with him since NTC days . I think these guys
are great! They are doing nothing wrong , I mean is not this how NGC
and PCGS got started ? Everyone out there who knows coins , knows
these guys are and they are connected with everyone , they are ok in
book. A+ guys

The ANA grading school I went to is in Colorado Springs. I am not
aware of one in Jacksonville. I called the ANA and they have no
record of
a Dennis Daidone.