Please help to identify this mysterious coin

Old August 21st 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bright Star

Default Please help to identify this mysterious coin

Hi!

I got this coin from my mother-in-law who in turn got it from her
father. Some one gave it to her father. It may have some relation with
Kelantan, Malaysia.

The face of the coin shows an old man with a walking cane with some
Arbaic-like or Jawi-like scripts. See below pictu

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15868535@N00/220789380/

The back shows a Malay kris and a sword (I think) with more Arabic-like
scripts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15868535@N00/220789381/

Does any one have any idea what is this coin for?

Thanks!
gemcastor
Old August 21st 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A.E. Gelat

I don't know, but his might help. On the right, I see Arabic letters, and
on the lower left is the Islamic date 1311. Experts can go from there.

Tony

Old August 22nd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
B.J. Herbison

A.E. Gelat wrote:
I don't know, but his might help. On the right, I see Arabic letters, and
on the lower left is the Islamic date 1311. Experts can go from there.

Is the first digit a one, or is the slanting line half of a seven? I
think I see something else, but it's hard to tell.

In any case, AH1311 would be about AD1893 and it doesn't look that old.
It also looks like a token to me rather than a coin.

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978
Old January 22nd 10, 11:31 AM
BCNumismatics BCNumismatics is offline
Junior Member

Location: Dominion of New Zealand.

That is not a coin.

It looks like an Islamic religious token of some sort from what is now Malaysia.

Aidan.
Aidan Work.

My British Commonwealth numismatic photos; http://www.uscoininfo.com/gallery/u6-bcnumismatics.html .

Please let me know what you think.