Today's youth

Old June 4th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Today's youth

Went to a Sara Lee outlet and paid the change with a half, nickel and
cent. Clerk asked if the half was a dollar and I said "nope, a half
dollar" to which she replied "25 cents". I repeated "a half" which
seemed to confuse her until another clerk said it was 50 cents LOL.

No roll searches for me lately - the new dollar coins seemed to have
lost interest with the clerks, not that there was much interest anyway.

Old June 4th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

wrote in message
ups.com...
Went to a Sara Lee outlet and paid the change with a half, nickel and
cent. Clerk asked if the half was a dollar and I said "nope, a half
dollar" to which she replied "25 cents". I repeated "a half" which
seemed to confuse her until another clerk said it was 50 cents LOL.

No roll searches for me lately - the new dollar coins seemed to have
lost interest with the clerks, not that there was much interest anyway.

At work I mentioned the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper and a lad aged 26
asked, who's Sgt. Pepper?

He will be out of hospital in a few weeks. :-) Billy

Old June 4th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

"note.boy" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Went to a Sara Lee outlet and paid the change with a half, nickel and
cent. Clerk asked if the half was a dollar and I said "nope, a half
dollar" to which she replied "25 cents". I repeated "a half" which
seemed to confuse her until another clerk said it was 50 cents LOL.

No roll searches for me lately - the new dollar coins seemed to have
lost interest with the clerks, not that there was much interest anyway.

At work I mentioned the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper and a lad aged 26
asked, who's Sgt. Pepper?

He will be out of hospital in a few weeks. :-) Billy

Buy him a CD!

Old June 5th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
clarkent

My father was a Sgt. in the U.S. Army. He really got tired of people making
jokes about his "lonely hearts club".

Best Regards, O.E.Pepper

"note.boy" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old June 5th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"note.boy" wrote in message news:Ht%8i.15657

At work I mentioned the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper and a lad aged 26
asked, who's Sgt. Pepper?

He will be out of hospital in a few weeks. :-) Billy

I even know who Sgt. Pepper is, but then I really like 1960's music, a bit
before my time, but then the music is ageless. Some of my favourites lately
have been The Corries, Mary Hopkin(of course, The Tielman Brothers(1960's
Dutch band), the Moody Blues etc. I just like the real feel to the music,
the tempo, and the lack of synthesized garbage.

Old June 5th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

At work I mentioned the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper and a lad aged 26
asked, who's Sgt. Pepper?

He will be out of hospital in a few weeks. :-) Billy

I even know who Sgt. Pepper is, but then I really like 1960's music, a bit
before my time, but then the music is ageless. Some of my favourites
lately have been The Corries, Mary Hopkin(of course, The Tielman
Brothers(1960's Dutch band), the Moody Blues etc. I just like the real
feel to the music, the tempo, and the lack of synthesized garbage.

I saw the Corries live many years ago and Mary Hopkin in 1999 and I met her
after the concert.....sigh.......she said that I had a lovely
accent.........sigh again. Billy

Old June 6th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"note.boy" wrote in message news:LYi9i.6515

I saw the Corries live many years ago and Mary Hopkin in 1999 and I met
her after the concert.....sigh.......she said that I had a lovely
accent.........sigh again. Billy

Those were the days my friend...

Old June 6th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

Sibirskmoneta wrote

"note.boy" wrote in message news:Ht%8i.15657

At work I mentioned the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper and a lad aged 26
asked, who's Sgt. Pepper?

He will be out of hospital in a few weeks. :-) Billy

I even know who Sgt. Pepper is, but then I really like 1960's music, a bit
before my time, but then the music is ageless. Some of my favourites lately
have been The Corries, Mary Hopkin(of course, The Tielman Brothers(1960's
Dutch band), the Moody Blues etc. I just like the real feel to the music,
the tempo, and the lack of synthesized garbage.

I've been dusting off my Steve Miller Band albums.
Good stuff!
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 6th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_2_]

"Roger Hunt" wrote in message

I've been dusting off my Steve Miller Band albums.

If you ever get the chance to see him live, don't pass it up. He puts on an
incredible show.