Cleaning up after

Old February 6th 04, 04:29 AM
so what

There's no room
left in your drawers for anything else.

MZ,
Is that the "pig in the poke" (??) thing you were talking about?

satrap
who thinks MZ should have the distinct honour of being the person to diagnose
Sheldon's pokey pig problem.
scalpal.
Old February 6th 04, 04:57 AM
mz

so what wrote:
There's no room
left in your drawers for anything else.

MZ,
Is that the "pig in the poke" (??) thing you were talking about?

Nope. They call me Quasar Motorola. Because I've got my works in
my drawers.

Mark Z.
And if you understand that reference, you *are* old.

Old February 15th 04, 09:42 PM
Bluesea

"Curtis L. Russell" wrote in message
No, not the squirting ink on the desk thing.

When I refill a pen in less than perfect ink bottles, I've been using
Kleenex/tissues to clean up the area around the nib and comb. Far less
than perfect and it can sometimes suck enough off the pen to pass
through to my fingers, which rather misses the purpose. Blotter paper
OTOH tends to be too stiff to use.

Assuming that I'm not going to sit down and practice until I can do it
without nary a drop of ink in the wrong place, what is the best
'refill blotter' that the rest of you have found? Come on, you can
admit that you have the occasional imperfect refills...

(BTW, 'use a cartridge' or 'use a Bic' are trick answers with no
social redeeming value to commend them.)

I just now realized something ('cause I just refilled cartridges for five
pens).

For some of my pens, I like to refill cartridges because I prefer a
different brand of ink than what the pen manufacturer has and it allows me
to see how much ink remains. I use a syringe from an inkjet printer refill
kit to refill the cartridges and never have to deal with cleaning the nib
afterwards.

So, if your pen has a converter, another option for you is to remove and
refill it with a syringe because the process is neat and it's simple enough
to rinse out the syringe.

"Neatness counts."

--
~~Bluesea~~thinking I may do that with all my cartridge/converter pens

Old November 7th 05, 07:54 AM
Argent

Default Cleaning up after

You all must be incredibly dextrous. I can't seem to fill my pens without
getting ink on my fingers. Paper towel is fine for wiping excess from my pens,
but it doesn't help much with my fingers. One ink I like is Private Reserve
Black Cherry - Unfortunately, it looks a bit gruesome on skin or around the
fingernail. My answer is those inexpensive disposable vinyl gloves. One pair
will last through several filling sessions.

L8r....

On 4 Feb 2004 18:46:54 -0800, (JimL) wrote:

"Bluesea" wrote in message ...
"Curtis L. Russell" wrote in message
snip

Assuming that I'm not going to sit down and practice until I can do it
without nary a drop of ink in the wrong place, what is the best
'refill blotter' that the rest of you have found? Come on, you can
admit that you have the occasional imperfect refills...

I always use a paper towel.

Same here. Paper towels, paper napkins, a tissue folded twice....
It's going to be thrown out, anyway.