Help save this family Please

Old July 7th 03, 04:00 PM
Isuamlmbf

Default Help save this family Please

This is a scam, the date on the angioplasty is June 30, 2003. In just 7 days
they have had to give up thei car. Canada also has free health care.
Old July 7th 03, 04:15 PM
Dahoov2

I'd never respond to pleas like that. I've been scammed even in
person... you know those people on the streets with the "Will work for
food signs". Many if not most of them will either do it for "kicks",
use it for drugs/alcohol of just do it because they don't have to get
a real job. I once gave a man a food certificate and he wanted
cash!!!! Amazing.

If this person is speaking the truth, there are things you can do. Go
to local agencies like the Red Cross who if they can't help, will
direct you to another agency that can.

Old July 7th 03, 06:54 PM
Mary Marshall Fowler

That message was also on the dumpster newsgroup.

Old July 8th 03, 06:45 AM
Autographs

This fraud message reminds me of an incident that happend in Scarborough a
few weeks ago. A few weeks ago actor Mike Myers was here in Toronto to get
his star on the Canada's Walk Of Fame, receive a key to the city for
promoting Toronto on Jay Leno during the SARS, and the unvealing of a street
named after him in his home town of Scarborough.

Well a couple of days later the street sign was stolen. It was just a
temporary sign, not the official street sign. Well a few days after that
the steet sign was found. The person who stole it, lives in the town of
Bowmanville (just outside of Toronto) and was stupid enough to display it in
his living room window for everyone to see.

Read the article at the Toronto Star's web site.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1057183814111

Sincerely,
Stephen

Old July 8th 03, 07:23 AM
www.AutographPros.com

The story in and of itself is pretty comical but the fact that the police
'seized the sign and took it in for forensic identification' adds a whole
different level of comedy to it.

--
Michael Kasmar
Registered Dealer # 237 of the UACC

news

Old July 8th 03, 03:14 PM
Dahoov2

LOL great story. When I was 14, I stole (along with some juvenile
delinquent friends) some street signs during a dare. Ended up getting
caught as we all do and would highly recommend people NOT do this.
Even a missing street sign like that means someone is looking for it,
can't see it, looks longer and is distracted to cause an accident.
Not as bad as me taking a Yeild sign, dead end sign, one way sign and
yield sign, but bad too.

I was told the fine was $500 per sign back then... I can't even begin
to imagine how much now! Plus, I remember a case where kids got
killed and someone went to jail for stealing those signs.

Still, most crimianals get caught from stupidity. Glad to see the
trend continues!