Yet another US Mint website debacle

Old May 2nd 05, 04:36 PM
PC

Default Yet another US Mint website debacle

Here is my story the last details of which have just unfolded.

I placed an order on 4/8/2005 for 5 ASEs, a 1,000 coin bag of each mintmark
of Minnesota Quarters, and 92 Buffalo nickel two roll sets.

I got the ASEs first on 4/18/2005 and later that day got the shipping
confirmation from the US Mint claiming it was shipped that day. On 4/21 I
got the Minnesota quarters.

All this time I am reading on RCC about how people are having problems with
the US Mint website and their orders. I check out the US Mint web site
myself and look up my order history. There is my order listed and when I
click on it the contents are empty. I have made two order since this and
there are no problems with those orders. I look at past orders and all the
contents of those orders are listed properly. The obvious questions cross
my mind. Have they lost that part of the order? Is it being processed? My
shipping invoices from the other two parts indicate that the rolls are on
backorder.

Now just this morning I log on and the 92 quantity is back on the list.
Except now it is 92 ASE's instead of 92 Buffalo Nickels Two Rolls Sets.

Arg. Better call the mint.

--
CIA DEA DIA FBI KGB NSA WMD TLA

Old May 2nd 05, 05:14 PM
Larry Louks

Say it ain't so, PC! Say it ain't so!

Larry
'tune in soon for more "Morose Mint Madness"'

Old May 2nd 05, 07:49 PM
PC

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
news:1115050471.40c1580dd0ec24427cd69451876a9d4b@t eranews...
Say it ain't so, PC! Say it ain't so!

Larry
'tune in soon for more "Morose Mint Madness"'

Heh :-)

I called them and their records matched with what I ordered. The nice lady
on the phone said to not trust the website for a while since they are in the
process of upgrading it.

I work in the software industry so that kind of gave me a chuckle.

Old May 3rd 05, 03:41 AM
ronrpk

On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:49:01 GMT, "PC"
wrote:

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
news:1115050471.40c1580dd0ec24427cd69451876a9d4b@ teranews...
Say it ain't so, PC! Say it ain't so!

Larry
'tune in soon for more "Morose Mint Madness"'

Heh :-)

I called them and their records matched with what I ordered. The nice lady
on the phone said to not trust the website for a while since they are in the
process of upgrading it.

Well, at least they didn't laugh at you like they did me when I
explained to them my order problem.

You should have asked her what the target date for completion of the
upgrades were,,, since they been working on it for about 2 months now
already..

-- Ron K
Old May 3rd 05, 03:47 AM
Anita

On Mon, 02 May 2005 21:41:57 -0500, ronrpk
You should have asked her what the target date for completion of the
upgrades were,,, since they been working on it for about 2 months now
already...

I checked them again this evening to see that they had the wrong
address for my credit card. Maybe that's why the MN quarters order was
suspended. Now I wonder why the Marshall dollars went through.

They really have a mess.

Anita
Old May 3rd 05, 09:10 PM
Jonathan_ATC

"PC" wrote in message
Here is my story the last details of which have just unfolded.

I placed an order on 4/8/2005 for 5 ASEs, a 1,000 coin bag of each

mintmark
of Minnesota Quarters, and 92 Buffalo nickel two roll sets.

No wonder I can't get my hands on just 2 rolls! 92 Rolls? Jeez! Leave some
for the rest of us!
hahaha! I assume you meant 2 or 9, but not 92. If 92, why that number?

--
Jonathan