$1 coin chances now

Old August 28th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Default $1 coin chances now

Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote within the
next few years now that one of their biggest champions (Edward M. Kennedy,
D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old August 28th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote
within the next few years now that one of their biggest champions
(Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

P = .000001

James the Improbable

Old August 28th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Aug 27, 7:48�pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote
within the next few years now that one of their biggest champions
(Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

P = .000001

James the Improbable

One K gone, one K still breathing. Remember, "good for the country"
means nothing when "what does it do for me?" overrides. It seems
nowadays, minority rules.

Jerry
Taking a deep breath to avoid political rant.
Old August 28th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Drago the Wolf

___________________________________________ *____ * * * * * * *_______________
Regards, * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *|\ * *____
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *| | *| * *|\
Michael G. Koerner * * * * * * * May they * | * *| | *| * *| | * rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA * * * * * * * * * * | * *| | *| * *| |
___________________________________________ | * *| | *| * *| | _______________

I don't know. I hope the $1 bill begins to be phased out some time
next year and completely gone by 2015, or sooner, like Fred Shecter
predicted.

But is this a good time to start lobbying for U.S. $2 coins? I can't
seem to spark an interest in redesigned $2 bills, so what about a $2
coin to help take some of the load off the Mint's back from needing to
so many mint $1 coins? And also, to please people who would rather
carry two $2 coins instead of four $1 coins?

Old August 28th 09, 10:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote
within the next few years now that one of their biggest champions
(Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

P = .000001

James the Improbable

One K gone, one K still breathing. Remember, "good for the country"
means nothing when "what does it do for me?" overrides. It seems
nowadays, minority rules.

Jerry
Taking a deep breath to avoid political rant.

Minority does not rule, and never has. However, a quick read of the
Preamble to the Constitution reveals the intention of the Founders that the
rights of a minority will not be trampled and snuffed by a majority.

James the Ranter

Old August 28th 09, 10:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

\

___________________________________________ | | | | | |
_______________

I don't know. I hope the $1 bill begins to be phased out some time
next year and completely gone by 2015, or sooner, like Fred Shecter
predicted.

But is this a good time to start lobbying for U.S. $2 coins? I can't
seem to spark an interest in redesigned $2 bills, so what about a $2
coin to help take some of the load off the Mint's back from needing to
so many mint $1 coins? And also, to please people who would rather
carry two $2 coins instead of four $1 coins?

Contact your congresspersons. They have the power. RCC dwellers have none.

James

Old August 28th 09, 12:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej[_2_]

"Drago the Wolf" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 7:44 pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote within the
next few years now that one of their biggest champions (Edward M. Kennedy,
D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________

I don't know. I hope the $1 bill begins to be phased out some time
next year and completely gone by 2015, or sooner, like Fred Shecter
predicted.

But is this a good time to start lobbying for U.S. $2 coins? I can't
seem to spark an interest in redesigned $2 bills, so what about a $2
coin to help take some of the load off the Mint's back from needing to
so many mint $1 coins? And also, to please people who would rather
carry two $2 coins instead of four $1 coins?

Then maybe we could give them a cute nick name, eh?
mk

Old August 28th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

MJKolodziej wrote

"Drago the Wolf" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 7:44 pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote within the
next few years now that one of their biggest champions (Edward M. Kennedy,
D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________

I don't know. I hope the $1 bill begins to be phased out some time
next year and completely gone by 2015, or sooner, like Fred Shecter
predicted.

But is this a good time to start lobbying for U.S. $2 coins? I can't
seem to spark an interest in redesigned $2 bills, so what about a $2
coin to help take some of the load off the Mint's back from needing to
so many mint $1 coins? And also, to please people who would rather
carry two $2 coins instead of four $1 coins?

Then maybe we could give them a cute nick name, eh?
mk

Much as a Half-Dollar might be termed a Nibble (4 bits), the Two Dollar
coin may possibly be called a Hexa-something (16 bits)?
--
Roger Hunt
Old August 28th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote
within the next few years now that one of their biggest champions
(Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

P = .000001

James the Improbable

One K gone, one K still breathing. Remember, "good for the country"
means nothing when "what does it do for me?" overrides. It seems
nowadays, minority rules.

Jerry
Taking a deep breath to avoid political rant.

Minority does not rule, and never has. However, a quick read of the
Preamble to the Constitution reveals the intention of the Founders that
the rights of a minority will not be trampled and snuffed by a majority.

James the Ranter

Minorities may not "rule" per se, but they do seem to wield a lot of clout.
Like the one airline passenger caught with explosives in his shoe forcing
millions of passengers to have their shoes inspected at airport security.
The hundreds of millions of dollars in public and private infrastructure
modifications to accommodate the occasional wheelchair bound. No peanut
products available on a commercial flight when an allergic passenger is
aboard. While these examples meet general public approval or acceptance,
they do illustrate how a minority often can influence the "rights and
freedoms" of the majority.

Old August 28th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote:
Michael G. Koerner wrote:
[...]

Rightfully so, say I.

Like the guy who carried a hidden firearm onto a plane forced the airlines
to install expensive metal detectors and the passengers to open their
luggage, empty their pockets, and fill them up again.

Like the young women who perished in the Triangle Shirtwaist Company fire
forced millions of businesses to adopt enlightened safety measures.

Like the laws against hate crimes protect minority persons against the
depredations of the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers.

I have no reason to believe that you are handicapped, but if you were, I
have a hunch that you'd be a champion of all those handicap access policies.

Count your blessings, already.

James the Compassionate Conservative