Have you a 20p worth £50 in your pocket? Royal Mint error results in undated coins

Old June 30th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Have you a 20p worth £50 in your pocket? Royal Mint error results in undated coins

On Jun 30, 10:25*am, Roger Hunt wrote:
oly wrote

On Jun 30, 11:01*am, Roger Hunt wrote:
oly wrote

But anyway you put it, in all of history, there is no record of a real
Scotsman having ever worn out a coin purse (not even Scrooge McDuck),
'though apparently many have worried about it.

True. The oldest Scottish purse in current use was Carbon-dated to
4004BC and shows no trace of wear whatsoever.
(Owned by Hamish McBaked-Bean, who buys them singly.)Please note that Scrooge

McDuck had to immigrate to America first,
before he became stinkin' rich.

What is the subtle difference between "stinkin' rich" and
"steenkeen' rich"?

You simply can't go back further than 4004 B.C., fer sure. *Ne Plus
ultra. *Bishop Ussher sez so.

Indeedy. And wondrous that the Creation took place just after the TV
Evening News, and before supper.Of course, your spelling and pronunciation of "steenkeen' rich" is
correct, and mine just a pale American (English) rendering of the
actual Scots phrase.

This is clearly a phrase which is understood World-wide, and if I wanted
to throw rotten eggs at them I could do it on any continent.
This is very good!
--
Roger Hunt- Hide quoted text -

Some creationists who came after the good Bishop further nailed the
creation down to 9AM on October 3, 4004 B.C.

I am not sure if this is a Julian date or a Gregorian date and am
uncertain whether or not the hour is based on Mesopotamian time-zones
or upon GMT.

"Steenkeen" rich is what most Americans would like to be.

oly

oly
Old June 30th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

oly wrote
[...]

Oh - GMT definitely, so the English colonialists can claim the honour.
"Steenkeen" rich is what most Americans would like to be.

Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 30th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_5_]

"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.
--
Roger Hunt

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

Old June 30th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

Bob F. wrote
"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 30th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jun 30, 12:54*pm, Roger Hunt wrote:
Bob F. wrote"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.
--
Roger Hunt

I once really enjoyed a "B" movie called Elk Hunt, or summat like
that.

oly
Old June 30th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

oly wrote
On Jun 30, 12:54*pm, Roger Hunt wrote:
Bob F. wrote"Roger Hunt"

wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.

I once really enjoyed a "B" movie called Elk Hunt, or summat like
that.

Not much On Topic any more and prepared to be flamed

I enjoy bad B films. Especially tongue in cheek horror B films.
Have you seen "Brain Dead"?
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 30th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jun 30, 2:27*pm, Roger Hunt wrote:
oly wroteOn Jun 30, 12:54*pm, Roger Hunt wrote:
Bob F. wrote"Roger Hunt"

wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.

I once really enjoyed a "B" movie called Elk Hunt, or summat like
that.

Not much On Topic any more and prepared to be flamed

I enjoy bad B films. Especially tongue in cheek horror B films.
Have you seen "Brain Dead"?
--
Roger Hunt

No Billy the troll-spotter told me not to see that one, he said it
would hit too close to home.

I once worked with a guy that we affectionately called "old Brain
Dead".

As I recall, the movie "Elk Hunt" was all grainy and shot in a
monochrome black and white film. It seemed better that way.

oly
Old June 30th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

oly wrote
On Jun 30, 2:27*pm, Roger Hunt wrote:
oly wroteOn Jun 30, 12:54*pm, Roger Hunt

wrote:
Bob F. wrote"Roger Hunt"

wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.

I once really enjoyed a "B" movie called Elk Hunt, or summat like
that.

Not much On Topic any more and prepared to be flamed

I enjoy bad B films. Especially tongue in cheek horror B films.
Have you seen "Brain Dead"?

No Billy the troll-spotter told me not to see that one, he said it
would hit too close to home.

I once worked with a guy that we affectionately called "old Brain
Dead".

As I recall, the movie "Elk Hunt" was all grainy and shot in a
monochrome black and white film. It seemed better that way.

(Consults IMDB)
Was it by any chance a 1916 film titled "Are you an Elk"?
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 30th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_5_]

wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much
simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.

I once really enjoyed a "B" movie called Elk Hunt, or summat like
that.

Not much On Topic any more and prepared to be flamed

I enjoy bad B films. Especially tongue in cheek horror B films.
Have you seen "Brain Dead"?

Then you should go to http://www.filmschatten.org/
B-Movies up the wazoo there and all for free!

Old June 30th 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

Bob F. wrote

wrote in message
Mmmm ... I reckon I am happier with the Scottish outlook. Much
simpler
life.

Roger, do you have a brother named Mike?

No, I have a sister called Mike.

I once really enjoyed a "B" movie called Elk Hunt, or summat like
that.

Not much On Topic any more and prepared to be flamed

I enjoy bad B films. Especially tongue in cheek horror B films.
Have you seen "Brain Dead"?

Then you should go to http://www.filmschatten.org/
B-Movies up the wazoo there and all for free!

Wonderful! Thank you, thank you. Bookmarked!
collects punnet of strawberries & settles back to enjoy both treats
--
Roger Hunt