Got the James Madison Dollar

Old November 15th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Default Got the James Madison Dollar

I headed over to the local bank this morning and they were breaking out
the James Madison dollars. I got one roll for storage and 10 loose for
albums. This is going to be a very expensive series to complete
Old November 15th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Roßert G. Schaffrath wrote:
I headed over to the local bank this morning and they were breaking out
the James Madison dollars. I got one roll for storage and 10 loose for
albums. This is going to be a very expensive series to complete

I picked up four rolls today to exchange at my local coin club tonight
during show and tell.
Old November 16th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Nov 15, 1:51 pm, "Roßert G. Schaffrath"
wrote:
I headed over to the local bank this morning and they were breaking out
the James Madison dollars. I got one roll for storage and 10 loose for
albums. This is going to be a very expensive series to complete

I got 4 rolls mid day Tuesday the 13th, then I got 10 more rolls later
in the afternoon on the 13th. I then got a full box of them on the
15th and 4 more loose rolls at another branch. All the same bank
chain.

My regualr weekly 2 boxes of dollar coins were both solid GW$ in the
N.F.String mint boxes.
Old December 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Barney

shreadvector wrote in news:4ee7894f-23eb-
:

wrote:
I headed over to the local bank this morning and they were breaking out
the James Madison dollars. I got one roll for storage and 10 loose for
albums. This is going to be a very expensive series to complete

I got 4 rolls mid day Tuesday the 13th, then I got 10 more rolls later
in the afternoon on the 13th. I then got a full box of them on the
15th and 4 more loose rolls at another branch. All the same bank
chain.

My regualr weekly 2 boxes of dollar coins were both solid GW$ in the
N.F.String mint boxes.

I seem to be having trouble getting the new dollar coins at my bank. They
have GDs from earlier this year, however I'm being told that the people who
send them the new dollars will only give them x amount of boxes of the new
dollar coins.

I've always been under the impression that when they order new dollar coins
that they should always send the newest for the first 6 weeks regardless of
how many they order. So I asked them to call and talk to someone on the
phone to tell them what ones to send.

Then I was told that the way they order coins has changed. So it looks
like I'm getting the run around.

I think there's a number somewhere I can call that will help with this
problem. I would like to call that number first before calling BofA's
satifaction number (that is if they still have that number..)

Thnanks!

Barney

Old December 12th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured

Barney wrote:

[...]

Barney, I can't help you with that phone number you are looking for.
However...

You did not say anything about other banks. Assuming that you are not
isolated, have you checked with a number of other local banks and
branches lately? With the new Prezibux push, some may be improving
cooperation. And when I had the exact problem that you now present, a
different bank was my path of least resistance to "problem solved".

If you feel you are being dismissed by Those who Couldn't be Bothered,
try a friendly chat with the branch manager about your goals and the
government's attempts to promote GD's.

Also, did you follow that thread a couple weeks back about "how to get
lesser used coins & $2 bills"? Several diverse suggestions related to
this were made. HTH.

--Dave
Old December 12th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Barney

Dave Allured wrote in :

Barney, I can't help you with that phone number you are looking for.
However...

You did not say anything about other banks. Assuming that you are not
isolated, have you checked with a number of other local banks and
branches lately? With the new Prezibux push, some may be improving
cooperation. And when I had the exact problem that you now present, a
different bank was my path of least resistance to "problem solved".

If you feel you are being dismissed by Those who Couldn't be Bothered,
try a friendly chat with the branch manager about your goals and the
government's attempts to promote GD's.

Also, did you follow that thread a couple weeks back about "how to get
lesser used coins & $2 bills"? Several diverse suggestions related to
this were made. HTH.

--Dave

Hi Dave,

I know that Fred has posted that info before and I'll simply have to look
it up when I have a little bit more time. The other branches, I just don't
have time to be running around from branch to branch like I used to (much
more busy than I used to be).

The woman I talked to said she was the one who orders the coin. So I'll
see if she can call to talk to someone while ordering. Your suggestion
about talking with the branch manager sounds good, though I don't even feel
like bothering with that. I know what your talking about with the
goverment's attempts to promote the GDs and to make it easier for the
branches to get the new coin. When I have a little more time, I'll be sure
to look up that info that Fred posted early this year and I'll let you know
how it goes....

Thanks!

Barney
Old December 12th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured

Barney wrote:

Dave Allured wrote in :

[...]

Yup. "Google is your friend." (Advanced group search.)

The other branches, I just don't
have time to be running around from branch to branch like I used to (much
more busy than I used to be).

Dang, I know that feeling. My sympathies.

OTOH, a few years back for me, it was great to find that one bank on the
other side of town with the good "Oh sure, we can order anything you
want" attitude. (They do charge a small fee for it, except for GD's.)
--D.

Old December 12th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

wrote:
[...]

Many banks are stunned by the number of customers asking for dollar
coins (Presidential) and since they historically have resisited
anything new, they have invented new ways to TRAIN the customers to
stop asking for them. The latest version of this is "we can't order
them. They send us only one box and we have to limit the coins to one
roll per customer."

I respond with a printed copy of the notice from the Federal Reserve
(FedFlash newsletter) and I engage them in a conversation an do NOT
permit them to end it with parrotlike repetition of the lies their
cash vault is telling them. The banks get coins from a regional cash
vault. They order through an automated system (web based or telephone)
and can simply order dollar coins, not "special new Presidential
dollar coins only". However, ALL bank cash vaults have a contact
number to reach a human. Once a branch reaches the cash vault human,
they must battle with them to get through their lies and word games.
It is easier for the cash vault to just send each branch one box and
then if any are ordered through the normal system ship them commingled
circulated dollar coins. I have NO problem with that suring the 6 week
"between" period, but during the 6 week "Federal Reserve ships nothing
but uncirculated Prexibux" period that is absurd.

They need to order enough during the special ordering period to supply
ALL demand during that period and then afterward customers should
expect normal circulated coin.

6 weeks on, 6 weeks off until 2016.

This issue would go way if the FBI-RD printing was ended.

BOOKMARK or FAVORITE these links:

http://www.frbservices.org/FedFlash/index.html

http://www.frbservices.org/FedFlash/...lash110107.pdf

http://www.frbservices.org/Cash/commemcoin.html

http://www.frbservices.org/Cash/comc...francisco.html

The current special ordering period ends TOMORROW December 13. Get on
the phone and/or personally visit a bank manager with a copy of the
Fed Flash page ASAP.

And feel free to call your Representative and Senators to let them
know about the "Obstacles to Circulation" and ask them when the next
hearing on the subject will be held.

-Fred Shecter
Old December 14th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Barney

shreadvector wrote in
:

And feel free to call your Representative and Senators to let them
know about the "Obstacles to Circulation" and ask them when the next
hearing on the subject will be held.

Thank you. I know you had listed this information before and I was going
to look up the older posts. However this makes it easy. I won't have time
to work on this right away, however I will be gathering the info so I will
be armed with the proper information for when this happens again.

Thanks!

Barney