"Second chance" authenticity?

Old March 27th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default "Second chance" authenticity?

I just received a "second chance" offer on an eBay auction I bid on last
evening. I was the high bidder, but did not meet the reserve.

How can one tell whether the offer is legit?

Thanks,
Mr. Jaggers

Thanks again to all who responded. I ordered the coin and just now got an
email from the seller (with whom I've done business before) telling me the
piece has shipped.

Mr. Jaggers

....and as of today has arrived in good order. Life is good!

Mr. Jaggers

Old March 27th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Mr. Jaggers" cried out in an exuberant tone:
...and as of today has arrived in good order. Life is good!

Excellent! It's good to hear of an experience being entered into with
consternation, yet concluding with joy and delight!

Señor Amistad
'way to go, Mr. J'

Old March 28th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

You see all the time disclaimers by sellers that say "We do not offer Second
chance options. If you get one from my auctions it is a fraud". So how
would this type of fraud work? It seems to me that it would be easy to
detect with email and all. Of course you would have to be smart enough not
to respond to the actual offer, but rather contact the seller directly.
Just curious. I bought a stamp that way once and everything turned out
fine. I was actually shocked that the seller had duplicate copies.
Cheers!
Wolf-==-
news