7 Pet Peeves about America

Old December 16th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default 7 Pet Peeves about America

in wrote:
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
"Petronius" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Petronius" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
news
Police may be more hostile here because they're more wary of
being shot at,

Perhaps if they themselves were not so trigger-happy they'd have
less to worry about.
The police in the USA are out of control, almost as bad a Storm
Troopers. No wait, they ARE as bad as Storm Troopers.

Make the rounds a few nights with a big city police patrol and you
may be enlightened. On second thought, I doubt you will.

Oh, with the same officers who shoved a plunger up some poor guy's
ass? Or with the ones who shot Amadou Diallo 41 times?
How about a tour with the cops that were working as hit men for the
mob? Shall I go on with the list of atrocities committed by the new
Storm Troopers?

Since you mention it, yes, I would recommend you make the rounds
with those officers.

We can find unsavory characters in any profession we care to hold up
for review, including my own. The categorical condemnation of cops,
teachers, coin dealers, librarians, and politicians is a stain on
our otherwise civilized society's clean laundry. Wait, maybe I
included politicians too hastily...

James the Common Tater

don't hit me with that catalogue, lady! i'll pay the fine and never
check out
another book.

Shhhhh...keep your voice down, Young Man. People are here to read in peace
and quiet.

James the Libarian

Old December 16th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Petronius" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
news
Police may be more hostile here because they're more wary of being shot
at,

Perhaps if they themselves were not so trigger-happy they'd have less to
worry about.
The police in the USA are out of control, almost as bad a Storm Troopers.
No wait, they ARE as bad as Storm Troopers.

As the father of a son who is in law enforcement, I know that he is nothing
at all like a Storm Trooper. Nor have I ever encountered one. A few are -
in fact my son told me about one he knows - but the vast majority aren't.
Just as with your bogus statement that Obama hasn't kept any of his campaign
promises, this is another sweeping, ill-informed generalization.

Old December 16th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Petronius" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
news
Police may be more hostile here because they're more wary of being shot
at,

Perhaps if they themselves were not so trigger-happy they'd have less to
worry about.
The police in the USA are out of control, almost as bad a Storm
Troopers. No wait, they ARE as bad as Storm Troopers.

Make the rounds a few nights with a big city police patrol and you may be
enlightened. On second thought, I doubt you will.

Oh, with the same officers who shoved a plunger up some poor guy's ass?
Or with the ones who shot Amadou Diallo 41 times?
How about a tour with the cops that were working as hit men for the mob?
Shall I go on with the list of atrocities committed by the new Storm
Troopers?

Yes, and don't stop until you've documented that at least 1% of all LEOs are
guilty of such atrocities. Until then, you're using two high-profile cases
to represent all law enforcement officers.

"New" Storm Troopers? Bad cops have been doing bad stuff ever since police
departments were created in the 1800s. Just because that kind of behavior -
and even most of its lesser forms - now is rare and no longer tolerable for
the public, their politicians, and their police departments doesn't mean
it's "new". That's like us thinking that the Boomers invented drug use in
America, or our children's generation thinking that they invented teener
sex.

Old December 16th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Petronius" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
news
Police may be more hostile here because they're more wary of being shot
at,

Perhaps if they themselves were not so trigger-happy they'd have less to
worry about.
The police in the USA are out of control, almost as bad a Storm Troopers.
No wait, they ARE as bad as Storm Troopers.

As the father of a son who is in law enforcement, I know that he is
nothing at all like a Storm Trooper. Nor have I ever encountered one. A
few are - in fact my son told me about one he knows - but the vast
majority aren't. Just as with your bogus statement that Obama hasn't kept
any of his campaign promises, this is another sweeping, ill-informed
generalization.

I think you're wasting an explanation there. I'm sure he's also convinced
that all priests are perverts, all pro golfers are adulterers, all loner
teens are killers, and all govt employees are overpaid bureaucratic
slackards. (Actually, it's just govt retirees.)

Old December 16th 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Petronius" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, absolutely true. Petronius/TGB/... hasn't changed his spots or his mind
as long as I've been posting here. It's just that this was personal.

Ebay - Pet Peeves HakenKreuz General Discussion 36 March 30th 08 08:02 PM
Ebay - Pet Peeves HakenKreuz Marketplace 16 March 28th 08 03:57 PM
eBay Pet Peeves RF Coins 19 January 17th 08 12:59 AM
Pet Peeves? William M. Klimon Books 6 September 16th 06 02:48 PM
Pet Peeves - 7/8 TF Morgans [email protected] Coins 9 October 22nd 05 05:29 AM