Any help on learning 8-track player repair online?

Old January 13th 05, 04:05 AM
Jonny the 8-Tracker!

Default Any help on learning 8-track player repair online?

Not the kind of thing likely to show up even on a Google search, I
know, but I want to learn a few simple repairs to perform on my 8-track
player instead of shipping it off for $20. I'm mainly interested (at
least for now) in realigning the head inside the player. I'm getting
tired of bleed-in on my "new"ly-bought player very quickly, and it
otherwise seems decent for coming from a thrift store for $4. (Besides,
it'll convince my parents that a 13-year-old is STILL sane if he gets
hooked on 8-tracks. Help a guy out proving his PARENTS wrong, eh? :P)
---
KA-CHUNK! I love that sound already.

Old January 13th 05, 08:52 AM
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:29:21 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

just remind them of how thay loved them at youre age snip

Huh?

--

"Jonny the 8-Tracker!" wrote in message
roups.com...
Not the kind of thing likely to show up even on a Google search, I
know, but I want to learn a few simple repairs to perform on my 8-track
player instead of shipping it off for $20. I'm mainly interested (at
least for now) in realigning the head inside the player. snip

First of all, place "trippingtoo8track" and other pseudonyms for him
in your kill file. The guy sells fraudulent 8 track "alignment"
cartridges on ebay that are dubs of a dub and are worthless. He also
has his head up his ass inasmuch as magnetic recording goes in
general.

Second, you're better off sending your deck in to have it aligned by
someone who knows what they're doing. Not all "bleed" problems are
head height alignment; many times bad pads or a bad head height
mechanism (dirty, needs lube, etc) can cause this. You don't go into
detail as to WHEN the "bleed" (actually called crosstalk) happens.
Does it happen all the time, only on certain tapes, or only on certain
tracks?

Again, we have a con artist/troll in this group named Charlie Nudo,
aka , aka 66fourdoor on ebay. Just place
him in your kill file, then go back to the archives on this group to
give you a little better idea of how to handle this.

dB
Old January 13th 05, 12:49 PM
DeserTBob

Jonny the 8-Tracker! wrote:
Not the kind of thing likely to show up even on a Google search, I
know, but I want to learn a few simple repairs to perform on my

8-track
player instead of shipping it off for $20. I'm mainly interested (at
least for now) in realigning the head inside the player. I'm getting
tired of bleed-in on my "new"ly-bought player very quickly, and it
otherwise seems decent for coming from a thrift store for $4.

(Besides,
it'll convince my parents that a 13-year-old is STILL sane if he gets
hooked on 8-tracks. Help a guy out proving his PARENTS wrong, eh? :P)
---
KA-CHUNK! I love that sound already.

What I do is go on welfare, and collect checks every month, sucking off
the Democrat founded cash cow, fed by the USA taxpayers- then I buy
****ty worn out tapes that don't play, and do comparisons on decks with
tons of wow/flutter. I can't hear being age 65, so I use an
o-dildow-scope, after checking the deck out, I stick the probes up my
ass.

And finally, I voted for Kerry who lost, so I'm a loser too...
Bob Scarborough
Arizona, USA

Old January 13th 05, 07:57 PM
8 tracker from hell

DeserTBob wrote:

i thought i would re-post this so the real DeserTBob could see this

Bob, if i were you, i would take this post to your lawyer & have your lawyer
contact nudos isp. this post originated from nudo.
this is a good example of defamation of charactor.

Any help on learning 8-track player repair online?
From:
DeserTBob
Date: Thursday 13 January 2005 7:49:33 am
Groups: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

What I do is go on welfare, and collect checks every month, sucking off
the Democrat founded cash cow, fed by the USA taxpayers- then I buy
****ty worn out tapes that don't play, and do comparisons on decks with
tons of wow/flutter. I can't hear being age 65, so I use an
o-dildow-scope, after checking the deck out, I stick the probes up my
ass.

And finally, I voted for Kerry who lost, so I'm a loser too...
Bob Scarborough
Arizona, USA

--
i have an 8 track mind

My other computer is your XP box.
Old January 13th 05, 09:06 PM
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:57:11 -0500, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

DeserTBob wrote:

i thought i would re-post this so the real DeserTBob could see this

Bob, if i were you, i would take this post to your lawyer & have your lawyer
contact nudos isp. this post originated from nudo. snip

True enough, but who cares? The whole world knows that Charlie Nudo
is a con artist and fraud.

this is a good example of defamation of charactor. snip

Well, it'd be an easy case to prove, since all of his assertions are
false, and proof of malicious slander requires that the purported
statements aren't true, something I could prove in a civil case
appearing in pro per. However, getting Noodles to appear out here
would be a problem, but a default judgement would be good enough.
Besides, what assets would this idiot have that are worth my trouble,
anyway?

dB
Old January 13th 05, 09:56 PM
8 tracker from hell

wrote:

Well, it'd be an easy case to prove, since all of his assertions are
false, and proof of malicious slander requires that the purported
statements aren't true, something I could prove in a civil case
appearing in pro per. However, getting Noodles to appear out here
would be a problem, but a default judgement would be good enough.
Besides, what assets would this idiot have that are worth my trouble,
anyway?

dB

well, you can get your lawyer to contact nudos isp (epix) & demand that epix
does the right thing & give nudo the boot.
while your at it, you can also forward this post to epix's legal dept & tell
them outright that if they dont do somthing with their abusive customer,
you will consider legal action against epix. you will see how fast they
will nuke nudofrauds account then. if nudo goes to another providor, you
can do the same there. you may not even have to take this to court, the
threat (from your lawyer), should do the trick. the most important
objective is to remove nudo from the internet.
there is nothing more effective than shaking a lawyer at the problem. fixes
it every time.
here is the legal contact for epix:

Susan Butchko
CTE Legal Department

the reason that i am strongly encouraging you to do this is because you CAN
effectively take action. thats because you have posted to usenet with your
real identity. that is what charley is defaming.
i cant do anything because i post completely anomynous. so i cant legally
say that i have been defamed or slandered.

Old January 13th 05, 11:11 PM

wrote:

[...]

Like Epix is gonna give up a monthly service fee, over some anonymous
losers like DB and Homo Tracker from Hell..

yeh, right...get a life already, you MORON.
Or is it FOREIGN SCUMBAG ?

Old January 13th 05, 11:16 PM

wrote:

[...]

You conveniently leave out the fact, that DB is making posts taking on
my identity as "trippin", which I have proved and posted by ISP numbers
and newsreader programs used in his headers.

What do you think the judge and jury would think about that ??

Any "good" lawyer would want a $10,000 retainer fee just to take the
case- in fact, a "good" lawyer would just tell you, to GET A LIFE and
forget it already.

Who are you to recommend a lawsuit, FOREIGN SCUMBAG, you aren't even an
American ?? And you hound everyone on Usenet continuously yourself, so
practice what your preach.

Old January 14th 05, 12:46 AM
Jonny the 8-Tracker!

First, to Andy: My grandpa was/is a bit of an audiophile (lots of
high-grade equipment, good electronics knowledge, and he's now putting
his records onto CD with GoldWave), and it rubbed off on my dad -- he
only heard stuff off of 8-tracks in the school locker room. Mom's
pretty much of the same opinion.

DeserTBoB: Advice taken, but I did find a good FAQ on 8-tracks on
http://www.keepontrackin.bravepages.com/answers.html which also had a
short section on the player crossbleeding problems. I took a
screwdriver to my player, adjusted the head position a bit, and
problems disappeared. (They'd better stay that way, but I'm still going
to get slightly better equipment.) I'll still be wary of the 8-tracks
themselves (kudos to fansites for giving me horror stories to
picture!).

Tripping: It tarnishes your self-said reputation to immediately use it
to bash a competitor. And everyone should realize that all this
fighting will probably scare an innocent newcomer to the newsgroup and
8-tracking away. Which hits everyone's business and conversation.

That having been said, I'm in love with the ka-chunk. I wonder how long
a player would last if one made a continuous loop of a few feet of the
sensing foil?

---
KA-CHUNK! I love that sound already.