FA: Modern US Commemorative Coins, All in original US Mint Packaging

Old November 1st 03, 02:21 PM
PS

I am sorry about that, I will correct that mistake on future postings or
just state " Please Click on Seller's Other Auctions"

"Ron" wrote in message
Posts like this, I will click on the links absolutely ZERO times.
If you want to post FA sales links, then have the courtesy to also
list (in plain english) what the links are for, what you are selling,
etc....

If you had done that, I may have gone there and you may have had more
bids.

I am probably not the only one who doesnt just click on links for
auctions where there is no accompanying description in the post.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:39:10 -0500, "PS" wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName= AD

ME:LS:US:8

Old November 1st 03, 05:02 PM
Bill Krummel

"Ron" wrote in message
Yep, you can do that Bill, and there is nothing wrong with it.
I guess that I just expect someone selling something, who wants to
interest the most buyers they can, to take that same step you did and
post it into their message.

I guess 2 mouseclicks were a little tough on the seller to add with a
copy/paste?

I am not trying to salm the seller, but am trying to point out that if
I am selling something, I would want the most people to have the
opportunity to buy it possible....why make them go to EXTRA mouse
clicks instead of just going to what they want?

Ah well, I am just a grumpy old man these days and still expect from
people what I would expect from myself.

Ron

Actually, I did not read your post as a grumpy post. And, I agree the
original FA post was hard on the eyes and PS could use some pointers in
listing an FA post. However, I thought you were suggesting that each link
have a description of what was there, and I thought between the subject
line, "Modern US Commemorative Coins, ..." and two clicks, all was
explained.

I have, in a number of my own FA posts, described separately 10-15 items I
have listed, including individual links, and that is a lot of work. If I am
pressed for time, I will list the highlights in my subject line and just
give a link to seller's list in the body of the post, which requires a
viewer to click once to see a list. In the FA post of PS's, I was pointing
out that a list could be had with two clicks, just one more than some of my
nondescriptive FA posts.

I do realize that the more work one puts into their FA post, the more
appreciation to be had by potential bidders. Bill

Old November 1st 03, 09:46 PM
Bob Flaminio

Ron wrote:
Hmmm...anytime I have heard "ilk" used, it is always for negative
connotations.

I guess I am just a bad person?

I didn't mean that in the slightest -- sorry if you took it that way. I
merely meant people who felt the same way that you do, a set of which I
myself am a member.

Guess I will live with that...I could have just left it alone and not
said anything then, if no one else said anything, the poster never
would know.

helping someone else with no personal gain.

--
Bob

Old November 2nd 03, 07:49 PM
Edward McGrath

: )

US Territories and... Grandpa Coins 29 September 22nd 03 08:11 PM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM