How to Get CDs Autographed - Best Methods?

Old September 8th 06, 06:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Chris

Default How to Get CDs Autographed - Best Methods?

I have a CD that I'd like to get autographed by a popular recording
artist. It is somewhat limited/rare, about 4,000 were produced. I've
never tried to get a CD signed before. Does anyone have any tips? I'm
wondering which is the best part to have signed, the jewel case, paper
cover photo, or the CD itself? It's sealed in the plastic wrap and I'd
rather keep it that way but I don't think it would be as good to have
the plastic signed. Or is it better to get a photo signed?

Old September 8th 06, 07:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

the PAPER...the cd cover...treat it like an album cover...leave the
plastic at home, it scratches and wears off dude...you really don't
want that...
photos are cool...but cd's, you bought something from them...you are
definately a fan...
nuff said.
mike

Old September 8th 06, 12:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

I would get the photo cover signed myself. The ink, I would think, may come
off of the plastic wrapping/jewel case to easy.

oups.com...

Old September 8th 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Don't get the jewel case signed; over time they crack and get crazing;
you can always replace a jewel case but not what is inside. The other
is a matter of preference but I personally prefer the paper. First,
if the CD becomes obsolete like the 8 track and cassette did (which it
will), you'll still have the insert. Emphera is usually more valuable
in the end (paper stuff) because with time, these things are usually
thrown out more readily or disintigrate. But you, as a collector know
how to care for it, so you got the best thing going for you.

Word of advice though; you didn't mention if you are sending ttm or
not. If so, I would not do so with something rare that you cannot
afford to lose.

Photos are good but honestly, they are more common than CD's so CD's
are more rare and if in a room with right collectors, might bring more
in the final days. HOWEVER with that said, photos are more collected
and people are easily buying them, but because there are so many,
usually, the price is lower. In the end though you should collect
WHAT YOU PERSONALLY LIKE.

Old September 8th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
AutographPros.com

I'd also add that you may want to think twice about getting a limited
edition cd signed. It's almost like getting a Rookie Card signed by a
baseball player. Seems like a cool thing to do, but in many cases, it
devalues the item.

--
Michael Kasmar
Over 2000 AUTHENTIC autographs in our ebay store he

oups.com...

Old September 8th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

This is true. I would also like to chime in that it would be this
case in the music collecting world, but would have value though in the
autograph collecting world. The ideal item to have would be a limited
edition CD officially signed and limited... what would happen is
autograph collectors AND music collectors would be vying for it!

Old September 9th 06, 12:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"AutographPros.com" wrote in message
I'd also add that you may want to think twice about getting a limited
edition cd signed. It's almost like getting a Rookie Card signed by a
baseball player. Seems like a cool thing to do, but in many cases, it
devalues the item.

Indeed, it can no longer be considered mint on the secondary market

MrB

Old September 9th 06, 12:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"barefoot" wrote in message
oups.com...

the PAPER...the cd cover...treat it like an album cover...leave the
plastic at home, it scratches and wears off dude...you really don't
want that...
photos are cool...but cd's, you bought something from them...you are
definately a fan...
nuff said.
mike

thats some good advice