Okay I'm gonna be a pest and ask again about sourcing bubble glass tubing.

Old November 28th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
lindsay.manning

Default Okay I'm gonna be a pest and ask again about sourcing bubble glass tubing.

Hi there, I had scoured the internet with out much luck trying to find
if I could get the tubes myself, and I then happily stumbled across
this group where the question does seem to have been asked a few times
before about making your own bubble lighting but I was just wondering
if any of the people who previously asked this has themselves managed
to source the tube lighting.

I need to be able to custom cut or curve the glass myself, which means
that I probably shouldn't use the heading methanol method or any other
method that may cause the glass to explode or break.

I was hoping that somebody might of found a method that uses air in oil
that doesnt break down and cause clouding and doesnt need heating to
risk breaking the tubes.

If anyone has any ideas on what I might try I would be really grateful,

Cheers,

Lindsay.

Old November 28th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

The answer is still the same today as it was the last few times that it has
been asked. Do a google search and you will find the info.
Unfortunately there isn't any magic way of making bubble tubes that work on
bubbling air or liquid other than the stuff used for decades.

ps.com...

Old November 29th 06, 10:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
lindsay.manning

Fair play, I was kind of double checking.
I have had a reply from Stephen at Victoria glass saying he can do the
glass for a 1015 for $50 and then extra for the heater, but he doesnt
do custom sizes, it has to be the size to fit the Wurlitzer 1015.

Do you know if there is anybody that can do custom sized glass tubing
(and maybe even custom curvature at the end)?

If not then would you know the best place to get christmas bubble
lights so that I can butcher them and make my own?
My Plan:
I think I can make a really nice case for a PS3/Xbox 360 and a shuttle
PC to have as home entertainment machines that the lady wont mind
having in the room, but I dont want to spend $300 on the baby bubbler
CD player just to end up chucking out the guts of it. I also dont want
to spend as much on the casing as the console costs.

The lady wont really go for putting the console into a Millenium Falcon
casing either heheh.

Cheers again for any help,

Lins.

Old November 29th 06, 11:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

Find a sign company that makes or repairs neon signs. They will be able to
bend, form , and seal the glass for you.
But you might have the same $300.00 in getting the tubes made as you do
buying a baby bubbler!
Good Luck!
oups.com...

Old November 30th 06, 04:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2006-11-29 03:07:03 -0800, "Keith Stelter" said:

Find a sign company that makes or repairs neon signs. They will be able
to bend, form , and seal the glass for you.
But you might have the same $300.00 in getting the tubes made as you do
buying a baby bubbler!
Good Luck!

Not so easy, you can't just bend the glass and fill it with the correct
solvent, you also have to put the right amount of crushed stone (right
SIZE of pieces) plus you have to make the proper pre-bubbler glass
insert, then you have to fill the tube to just the correct height,
evacuate it - BUT while you are evacuating the solvent is trying to
bubble so I suspect you have to COOL the solvent to near freezing...It
is NOT an easy process, bubble tubes explode if overfilled or made
wrong.

You will take quite a bit of time to figure this process out - I tried
to make them back in the late 70's and it was just going to be too
expensive to do the research at that time. I doubt the folks that make
them now will give the secrets freely...

It cost them a lot of time and money to get them right.

Better to find out who makes them and ask them to make your custom
length tubes.

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Old December 1st 06, 11:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
mike

I think Wurco is still selling replacment tubes for the 1015 for $30 ea.
Hard to beat that pricing and they look and work great.

MRT

On 2006-11-29 03:07:03 -0800, "Keith Stelter"

Keith Stelter wrote:

[...]

Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757
or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers.com