WANT ADDRESS: Julie Bowen please

Old September 29th 03, 10:28 PM
Scully

Default WANT ADDRESS: Julie Bowen please

Hi,

I'm new to the group and I'm not really a collector (I've only got one
in person from Laura Linney) but I've been searching for quite a while
for an address for Julie Bowen who stars as Carol Vessey in 'Ed' on
NBC. In the past, we were told to write to NBC but now apparently the
studio isn't accepting fanmail. I've been looking all over the web but
no one seems to have an address. I would really appreciate any help
anyone could give me. Thanks very much.

-Vik
Old September 30th 03, 10:57 AM
dahoov2

Again. I typed into Google her name in quotes and first thing that
popped up was an official page. the next two links were major fan
pages.

If the address or email is not on there, you can email the people
maintaining the site and ask them if they know her or can help you
with information. The key here is to use what tools you have
available. You think Julie Bowen FAN PAGE means the person must be a
big fan to devote a whole page or site to her, so therefore they might
be able to help you.

Tips for contacting people asking for information: Be nice, identify
yourself and try to use good language (Ie, don't say " do U have addy
for me?". Proper grammers, kindness and respect go a long way. Not
that you have any problems Vik... you seem to have good
grammar/spelling etc; I am talking generically here becuase I know
what it's like to get emails where people demand stuff, don't identify
themselves, run sentences together which are hard to read, and are
just plain rude.

Old September 30th 03, 11:07 AM
dahoov2

Here's a found address:
252 N. Larchmont Blvd. #200
Los Angeles, CA 90004

The only problem with researching oneself is that sometimes you find
something but don't know if the celeb will sign or if the address is
no longer valid. You have to be willing to spend the money to try it.

Old September 30th 03, 11:13 AM
dahoov2

In case that doesn't work

Julie Bowen 4010 Foothills Blvd., #103 Roseville, CA 95747

Now, one more tip for researchers that might be useful. It's my
experience that if you don't find the address in the first 10 pages of
your Google search, it's time for a new strategy. However, if you
REALLY want the person, it's possible (not likely enough usually) that
the address will be later on down...

Old September 30th 03, 07:47 PM
Scully

Thank you very much. I'm curious where you found those addresses. I've
tried contacting the webmasters before with no luck. As I said, I've
spent a while trying to find one but I'm pretty new to this. I must
have been searching wrong. *sigh*. Once again, thank you very much. I
really appreciate your help. I'll give them a shot and let you know
if they work.

-Vik

Old September 30th 03, 09:29 PM
dahoov2

Just a general search...but sometimes, you have to do a bit of
reading. For example, today I looked for someone not that known. I
researched their name. Then I found out they were from Rhode Island
so I typed in "their name" Rhode Island. That led me to an article
that said although he was from there, he lives in something like
Novato CA. So I went back and typed that in. That brought me to
another page that said he worked at a theatre group in New York (is
said something like his name, from so and so CA... but it doing a play
here in NY). So I knew I had the right person but missed him! So I
emailed the theatre and asked if they knew where he was now, or if
he's part of their group of actors... they told me he was coming back
for a play in Jan. So now, I know it's free to write in Jan. It's
just a lot of reasoning and following leads is all. I guess depends
on how bad you want it is how bad you'll look!