Melanie Griffith in Chicago (NYC) no autograph however

Old September 29th 03, 02:43 AM
Rene

Default Melanie Griffith in Chicago (NYC) no autograph however

Melanie Griffith is a strange person. Thought I would pass my experience on
to the group.

Went to see Melanie Griffith in New York who was starring the play 'CHICAGO"
on Broadway. The show was good however while Melanie was charming as Roxie
Hart, she had a weak signing voice and little dancing ability. She however
did have the personality to match the Roxie character from the movie
version. Her sweet charm, little girl voice and sexy manner was her
strongest asset and made you forget her other stage weaknesses.

After the show was over I waited by the stage door exit. I had brought 3
nice photos of her, hoping to get at least one signed. The crowd of
autograph seekers began to grow. We were told to move to an area that had
been roped off and that if Melanie Griffith came out this is the only area
that she would sign for. About 50 people had now gather and I was feeling
pretty good because I was in the front.

While waiting a stage door hand said that "IF she did come out this way, she
usually signs a few autographs and then walks across the street to meet her
husband Antonio Bandera's, who is starring in the play "NINE".

We waited about a half hour until we were told that Melanie Griffith had
left the theater. So we headed over to the theater where "NINE" was playing.
By then, there were a few hundred people waiting from the play "NINE".
Antonio came out first and seemed happy to meet and sign for his fans.
Melanie came out soon after and at first did sign anything but people began
yelling. She reluctantly began to sign with Antonio.

What was strange was that she did not sign for any of her fans who had come
to she HER in CHICAGO. They were left, as I was, standing where HER play had
ended. Instead she was signing for the fans who had come to see Antonio
Bandera's. She was even signing the Playbills for his show NINE. I thought
she was very inconsiderate of her fans and to those who came to she her
show.

I had heard rumors that she is very insecure about Antonio and that this was
her main motivation for being in CHICAGO. It allowed her to keep close tabs
on her husband and to not leave him alone in the Big Apple. Judging by her
actions that night, it seemed like that is the case. She didn't care about
the fans who came to she her at all. She seemed to be all over Antonio like
a guard dog protecting her bone.

--
Rene

Old September 29th 03, 02:26 PM
dahoov2

I had heard about the insecure thing too. If so, this could be on
many fronts. You mentioned more were at Antonio's play. Two thoughts
occured to me... first, she was embarrassed he had more fans and was
in a mood. Second, she wanted to go over there to not only make sure
no sexy female fans came on to him, but maybe he doesn't know she
doesn't have as many fans and she want him to to think she's in major
demand and she's "signing twice". What was she like before she was
with Antonio? Good signer or NOT.

Or maybe she is used to it and didn't want to go through it twice that
night. Hey, at least she signed.

Old September 29th 03, 03:00 PM
HT

Yeah,I wasn't there but my mother was and the same thing happened
her.She got her autograph the day after at "Nine" .She met a lot of
peope there who were fans of Melanie's and not Antonio who went
straight there.I guess thats why there us a bigger crowd because
people have probably learnt from there experiences.But maybe she does
have a good reason for going over there.Although I do agree she should
sign outside her own show.It makes more sense.
Old September 29th 03, 11:06 PM
Beverwyk

Yeah I went to get autographs at Nine twice and Melanie came over and signed a
few autographs but the way she was all over Antonio was ridiculous...way
overboard...like she hadn't seen him in ages. I didn't get her and he refused
(politely) to sign my photo (of him) but did sign my playbill.
~Patrick