Donald O'Conner

Old September 28th 03, 05:51 AM
Tommy \2Lipz\

Default Donald O'Conner

Many movies that I shall alway love seeing over and over. The Francis the
Talking Mule series and one my most fav movies of all time, "Singin in the
Rain" (got it on DVD). It's pouring rain right now in NJ.

Donald O'Conner passed away today. 78
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../obit_o_connor

Don, thanx for the laughs and the music.

--
Tommy "2Lipz"
See my website http://lipprint.tripod.com

Old September 28th 03, 06:16 PM
Wanda

I had the pleasure to have lunch with him about 3 years ago. He was an
absolutely delightful man, charming and witty. He told me that he never
understood how Francis always got tip billing when he couldn't even dance!
I thought that was so funny. Although I only met him that one time, I will
surely miss him. Another one of the Great Ones, gone.
Wanda

news

Old September 29th 03, 12:07 AM
Beverwyk

Wow, this is so sad...I just read yesterday that he was due to appear in NYC at
some dance show soon...
Old September 29th 03, 01:39 AM
Rene

I am really sorry to hear that Mr. O'Conner has passed away. I was a big fan
and I hoped that someday I would have the pleasure of meeting him. I had
sent him a number of vintage photos about 4 months ago, hoping that he would
sign. I also sent him so info about how they are trying to erect a statue of
Gene Kelly in Pittsburgh (his hometown). The plan is to show Mr. Kelly in
the famous scene from "Singing In The Rain" dancing under a lamp post. The
monument was to be placed in the fountain at the Point in Pittsburgh. He
will forever be singing in the rain.

They were a great duo in one of the greatest Hollywood Musicals of all time.
Their dancing in heaven tonight.

Rene

Old September 29th 03, 02:26 PM
dahoov2