Lame excuses for not signing

Old July 2nd 03, 07:33 PM
Isuamlmbf

Default Lame excuses for not signing

Tom Brady Patriots QB after Super Bowl & Pro Bowl

Leaving the stadium after the Pro Bowl he said
"I can't sign right now, I am late for a team meeting"

Another one year wonder that now looks for people to sign for.

Gregory Hines in the Atlanta airport.
"If I sign for you I have to sign for everyone"

I told him to look around, I was
the only one asking.
Old July 3rd 03, 02:27 AM
DAVIDP111

I've gotten some good responses myself in the past from stars...Frank Sinatra's
body guard pushed me down the stairs in Las Vegas as Frank walked away laughing
when I asked for an autograph. Loretta Swit told me to 'buzz off.' Eydie
Gorme told me to "**** off' then her husband, Steve Lawrence apologized for her
and signed then ordered her to sign for me...

Then, some of the BIG stars were so nice to me, Joan Crawford, Fred Astaire,
Liz Taylor, Mae West, James Cagney, Bette Davis, Shirley Temple, Elizabeth
Montgomery, Ingrid Bergman, James Stewart and so many of the old Hollywood
stars that appreciated their fans...all so gracious....

Old July 3rd 03, 12:30 PM
Bjwebb3749

But then again, Sinatra and his cronies always were a bunch of pricks.

Don't know about Sinatra and most of his cronies, but I understand that James
Darren was quite close to Sinatra and I couldn't ask for a nicer person than
him. It does sound like you should have pressed charges against that bodyguard
though.
BJ
http://bjwebb3749.tripod.com/bjscelebritysigns/

Old July 4th 03, 10:36 PM
Steve Grad

Hi All

A few good ones come to mind. We waited for about three hours for Van Halen
to check into their hotel about 6-7 years ago (when they had Gary Charone)
and Eddie came running off the van they took from the airport, looked at us,
and said "I gota take a dump really bad...I'll sign later". We never saw
him again that night.

Another memorable one, was Joe Cocker. I followed him from the venue to his
hotel, but on the way to the hotel, his limo pulled over and proceeded to
throw up whatever he at that night (according to the driver it was
McDonalds). I didn't ask him there, but waited till he pulled up at the
hotel and he wiped his mouth off and said tonight wouldn't be a good night.
Probably a good thing he didn't sign.

Another is Mets catcher Mike Piazza. After leaving from a night game
(around 1999) at Port St. Lucie (the teams spring training home), there were
three of us there, we asked him to sign and he said, "I have to catch a
flight". It was about 10pm, there was a morning workout the next day. We
saw him the next morning. Guy is a jerkoff, period.

Or one of the best, was Larry Walker of the Rockies. He comes walking out
of the hotel for the team bus on his cell phone, whispering "I can't sign,
i'm on the phone" and as he's proceeding to do that, his phone rings. What
a moron.

Old July 4th 03, 11:08 PM
Barefootmk

i guess that one goober would be you....
here's one. i saw in wisconsin brett farve turn down 3 little kids saying he
had to catch this elevator. when i looked up both elevators were on the top or
near the top of the hotel and he was in absolutely no hurry. i was working for
nfl films at the time and was with a crew that was with him...around the corner
he just said that he hates signing unless there's money at the end of it.
Old July 5th 03, 07:29 PM
Mary Marshall Fowler

"... unless there's money in it" Well, there is. A lot of
entertainers not only need to be good, but they need to keep their fans
happy & coming back. So, sign now, sign later, keep getting booked with
performances.
Mary