New York City Pen Show Protocol - Please read - Thanks

Old September 8th 04, 03:58 PM
Penstop

Default New York City Pen Show Protocol - Please read - Thanks

Hi Everyone:
We are now on our way to the New York show and are moving into the hotel
tonight. All of the last minute details have been taken care of at this end
and now it is the last minute details at the hotel.

A lot of hard work and planning has gone into the making of this show and it
is unlike any other show of its kind in that it is the most expensive to
organize, it is in a major city, in a prime location within that city and at
a prime time of year. As a result of all of this we have certain rules in
place regarding selling and trading at the show in the public space.

The sale of any item to anyone other than a dealer who has an exhibit space
at this show is not permitted.

Without the support of those who are attending the show and who have
reserved exhibit space and without a substantial contribution by the sponsor
of the show, it would have been impossible to arrange. Accordingly, there is
absolutely no selling or trading permitted within the ballroom during the
show hours by anyone who is not a registered exhibitor. All tables have been
assigned for the complete three (3) days of the show.

Anyone who attempts to sell or trade with anyone who is not an exhibitor and
table holder will be asked to leave the show by our security. Of course we
understand that this seems like a very harsh position, but the success of
this show can only be achieved with the support of those who are paid
exhibitors and with the support of our sponsor and supporters. Many local
exhibitors could easily come back and forth during the show with items to
sell and not pay for an exhibit table, however, they did not, they choose to
support the show and for that we are very, very grateful.

I hope that this has not offended anyone and I hope that all of you
understand why we have taken this position. Please understand that we cannot
allow those paying exhibitors, some coming from the other side of the world,
to have to compete with those who have not paid nor supported. What is done
outside the hotel is none of our concern.

Best regards,

Maryann Zucker
New York City Pen Show
(718)434-3713

Old September 8th 04, 04:15 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:58:16 -0400, "Penstop"
wrote:

The sale of any item to anyone other than a dealer who has an exhibit space
at this show is not permitted.

??? Is this meant to be "The sale of any item by..."

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old September 8th 04, 04:28 PM
Charles Perry

wrote:

The sale of any item to anyone other than a dealer who has an exhibit

space
at this show is not permitted.

??? Is this meant to be "The sale of any item by..."

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

I have the same question. The rules read as though someone attending the
show cannot BUY items at the show? That would be a pretty stupid rule.

Charles Perry P.E.

Old September 8th 04, 08:01 PM
Penstop

Sorry for the confusion. I definitely made a mistake in the wording, the
sentence should have read:
"The sale of any item by anyone other than a dealer who has an exhibit
space at this show is not permitted" instead of "to anyone".

Thank you all for pointing it out.

Best regards,

Maryann Zucker
New York City Pen Show
(718)434-3713

Old September 9th 04, 02:20 AM
Winter Wind

Additional Protocol for all pen shows: For each, any and all but not
some transactions of any sort, whether herein or hereout or herion
described must verily and therefore be duly coexisted, codependant and
coterminous with an payment, royalty, bribe, hand-out or any
cash-related euphamism of your choice in the sum of $5 to me, myself
and I, making a sum total of $15 for the three of us, though on some
days four, in which case a special surcharge of $10 applies to be
additional, affixed and collated into the previously stated amount.

Got it?
Old September 9th 04, 02:32 AM
Bluesea

"Winter Wind" wrote in message
om...
Additional Protocol for all pen shows: For each, any and all but not
some transactions of any sort, whether herein or hereout or herion
described must verily and therefore be duly coexisted, codependant and
coterminous with an payment, royalty, bribe, hand-out or any
cash-related euphamism of your choice in the sum of $5 to me, myself
and I, making a sum total of $15 for the three of us, though on some
days four, in which case a special surcharge of $10 applies to be
additional, affixed and collated into the previously stated amount.

Got it?

Yes. Please charge it to the dust and let the rain settle it.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old September 9th 04, 03:00 AM
macaddicted

Winter Wind wrote:

Additional Protocol for all pen shows: For each, any and all but not
some transactions of any sort, whether herein or hereout or herion
described must verily and therefore be duly coexisted, codependant and
coterminous with an payment, royalty, bribe, hand-out or any
cash-related euphamism of your choice in the sum of $5 to me, myself
and I, making a sum total of $15 for the three of us, though on some
days four, in which case a special surcharge of $10 applies to be
additional, affixed and collated into the previously stated amount.

Got it?

collated?
--
macaddicted
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
Old September 10th 04, 01:00 AM
so what

Additional Protocol for all pen shows: For each, any and all but not
some transactions of any sort, whether herein or hereout or herion
described must verily and therefore be duly coexisted, codependant and
coterminous with an payment, royalty, bribe, hand-out or any
cash-related euphamism of your choice in the sum of $5 to me, myself
and I, making a sum total of $15 for the three of us, though on some
days four, in which case a special surcharge of $10 applies to be
additional, affixed and collated into the previously stated amount.

Got it?

Lemme guess. This was written by an attorney? john cline ii, where are you?
This just reeks of standard blue ink!

satrap
certainly, roller coaster season is over (and ii couldn't *possibly* be at
Starbucks!)

Old September 10th 04, 04:23 AM
BL

Paul wrote:

This is disappointing. I will not be attending the
show.

Hi P... I understand why they're doing this. Maryann made a good case
for this policy on the Zoss list (check the eScribe archives). I
wouldn't hesitate to attend this show because I know that most
collectors trade with each other in their rooms, in the bar, out in the
lobby, or in the ballroom(s) before/after official show hours. Very
little collector-collector trading occurs in the ballroom during the
show proper. I don't see this as a particularly big deal. --- Bern