could be useful of reaping ebay scammers....

Old February 16th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
M K

Default could be useful of reaping ebay scammers....

Seeing one of those 'estate' sellers using crummy sales tactics I tried
to report some items. Since ebay makes it hard to do so I wrote a little
perl script that help speed up the process. One saves the webpages in
question (from store view or 'view all items from seller') and runs the
script in the same directory as the files, e.g., perl itemnums.pl html
output.txt where html is the extension of the files to process
(usually htm on PCs) and output.txt is the text file that will hold the
auction numbers (neatly formatted in bocks of 10 for reporting). The
rest is copy paste (if you have a browser that can do tabs all the
easier) into the ebay webpage.

Mike

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#use strict;
#copyleft by Me for you....
#usage itemnums.pl extention of files to read output file name
# e.g., itemnums.pl htm items.txt
#reads all files w/ extention and extracts 13 digit ebay item numbers from urls
#files are usually saved webpages from the ebay store view or 'all items by seller'
# meant to facilitate mass reporting of scammer auctions
# I make no excuses for the crummy code... took 15 mins after a 6 year programming hiatus

use IO::File;

$|=1;

$in_ext = shift @ARGV;
$lookfor="itemZ";

$position=0;
$blockify=1;

opendir(DIRECTORY, '.') or die "Unable to open current directory!";

@dirlist = readdir(DIRECTORY);
closedir(DIRECTORY);
open(OUTHANDLE, "$ARGV[0]");

for ($i=2; $i ($#dirlist+1); $i++)
{
if (rindex($dirlist[$i], $in_ext) -1)
{
open(INHANDLE, "$dirlist[$i]");

while (defined($input=readline(INHANDLE)))
{
$position=0;

$occur=index($input, $lookfor, $position);
while($occur != -1)
{

$itemnumber=substr($input, $occur+5 ,12);
$position=$occur+25;
if(($blockify % 2) == 0) {push @list,$itemnumber;}
if(($blockify % 20) == 0) {push @list, "\n\n"; }
else {if(($blockify % 2) == 0){push @list, ",";}}
$blockify++;

$occur=index($input, $lookfor, $position);
}
}

}
close(INHANDLE);
}
print OUTHANDLE @list;

close(OUTHANDLE);

Bozo Scammers Gummby3 Autographs 2 May 4th 06 11:53 AM
shipping...Ebay... scammers again Sue H Autographs 19 February 25th 06 01:38 AM
Nigeria cracks down on scammers Steve Ruud Coins 4 August 9th 05 05:39 PM
Nigerian Scammers Arrested Steve Ruud Coins 3 July 13th 04 02:29 AM