A note from Jørgen Jørgensen regarding Mette's site

Old August 25th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default A note from Jørgen Jørgensen regarding Mette's site

Hello Rein.

About three months before the end, Mette started trying to get in touch with
Pierre Albuisson to see what he wanted done with his pages. She never
managed to get in touch with him by telephone as her computer had broke
down. She asked me to keep on trying by email which I have done again and
again since then. I have not been any more successful than Mette.

When Mette agreed with Pierre to produce a series of pages about his work,
she phoned and asked me to do the French pages as she worked on the English
ones. And Pierre got to correct, change, add, delete and approve all the
pages, page by page by page as they were finalized. At the end of the
project Pierre sent Mette and me each an authographed print of one of his
engravings - mine was the wonderful "L'oiseau de la sagesse" which I value
immensely.

This is the reason why I not Jørgen "inherited" the future of those
particular pages -- Mette asked me to keep trying to get hold of Pierre to
see what he wanted done with them. They all need re-targetting and
re-foldering but I am not about to do anything until I hear from Pierre
hoping perhaps that he asks me to forward them to Jørgen for inclusion in
his catalogue. As I mentioned earlier Pierre now has his own website and if
he happens to be happy with it there is a good chance that I may never hear
from him. In which case I shall write to Poul Heindorff and ask him what he
wants me to do. After all they are his wife's work. Until then I have
neither authority nor moral obligation to do anything.

Mette sold her Slania collection and her Slania pages to a collector in the
USA and Jørgen will not have them in his opus unless he obtains prior
approval (I would humbly recommend in writing) from the new owner.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

"Rein" wrote in message
news
Isn't Jørgen the only one to have the right to perform some "hard work" to
'get close to completion"....??

groetjes, Rein

Op Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:55:26 +0200 schreef Sir F. A. Rien
:

Tony, Toke & Jørgen ...

There are several free web tools that will 'crawl' a site [even one on
the home machine] and report broken links.

When you get close to completion, try one to find the 'missing'.

I've migrated several sites and it is hard work. Most editors, however,
have
a "search and replace" function. You should be able to correct the part
strings needing migration with this.

eg: http://www,mette.com/group/sub1/sub/ thispage.html. Using only
the directory portion[s] as above, you can quickly migrate all links on
a page.

HTH

http://www.opera.com/mail/

Old August 26th 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Tony,

thanks for your extensive answer!

I do understand the legal hooks but my main concern was/is that Mette's
works will end up in Nirvana for nobody to enjoy anymore. And it is not
only the joy of watching the sites that are marvelous but also the factual
content that should interest many collectors of arts and engravings. That
content will be "copied" and modified sooner or later if nothing happens
soon OR someone will unknowingly spend years in trying to find out anew
what Mette had dug up. The latter scenario is the most common in philately
alas....

I tried to express that concern, nothing more!

groetjes, Rein

Op Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:53:34 +0200 schreef Tony Vella
:

Old August 26th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Start reading!

"I tend to publish when and whatever I can find soon and only subsequently
......."

not that "I would publish ..."..... Presumably citing somebody by leaving
out a crucial word???? Anyhow, thanks for the legal advice that will
prevent me from changing "tend" into "will"!

pozdrawiam, Rein

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:44:47 +0200 schreef Sir F. A. Rien
:

Rein found these unused words:

Tony,

thanks for your extensive answer!

I do understand the legal hooks but my main concern was/is that Mette's
works will end up in Nirvana for nobody to enjoy anymore. And it is not
only the joy of watching the sites that are marvelous but also the
factual
content that should interest many collectors of arts and engravings.
That
content will be "copied" and modified sooner or later if nothing happens
soon OR someone will unknowingly spend years in trying to find out anew
what Mette had dug up. The latter scenario is the most common in
philately
alas....

I tried to express that concern, nothing more!

NO ... You stated that you would "publish when and whatever I can find
soon
and only subsequently think about deleting them when the Danes have got
them
available at lontg laaaaaaaast...

That's not 'concern' but THEFT!

Now you have your answer about Slania and Albuisson !

You could try for permission from the new Slania owner ...

Old August 26th 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Rein wrote:

Start reading!

"I tend to publish when and whatever I can find soon and only subsequently
......"

not that "I would publish ..."..... Presumably citing somebody by leaving
out a crucial word???? Anyhow, thanks for the legal advice that will
prevent me from changing "tend" into "will"!

pozdrawiam, Rein

Rein,
I can only agree with Sir F. Your postings are very, very strange in
my opinion.

BTW. I wonder what would happen to you if you in the airport address
this to an airport officer: "I tend to take a bomb with me on board!"
There might be no internet connection where they will "put you aside
for a while" and I can't imagine that they will listen to you if you
claim that this is not the same as "I would....". So my guess is that
"tendencies" can be quite hazardous to one's life depending on what
one say and where one say it :-)

My understanding of your "tend" was exactly the same as Sir F's
understanding.
Mvh Toke

--
Posthistorikere / slægtsforske Bogen
om 4300 danske postfolk 1624-1927:
Old August 26th 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Toke,

"Why Intelligent People Tend To Be Unhappy?"

because they put "salt on every snail" ..... or turn everything into the
absurd to make their point

pozdrawiam, Rein

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:36:42 +0200 schreef Toke Nørby
:

Old August 27th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Who is behind this???

http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com/index.html

pozdrawiam, Rein

Old August 27th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Rein wrote:

Who is behind this???

http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com/index.html

pozdrawiam, Rein

Op Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:53:34 +0200 schreef Tony Vella
:

...snip
Mette sold her Slania collection and her Slania pages to a collector in
the USA and Jørgen will not have them in his opus unless he obtains
prior approval (I would humbly recommend in writing) from the new owner.

Rein - ask him:
http://www.ronnei.com/
Mvh Toke

Old August 27th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Toke,

a lot of Churchill but no SÆšania...

http://www.ronnei.com/toc.html

pozdrawiam, Rein

Op Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:41:27 +0200 schreef Toke Nørby
:

Old August 27th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

I tend to think that you are a nice guy but I'd better change my mind....

pozdrawiam, Rein

Op Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:10:45 +0200 schreef Sir F. A. Rien
:

Rein found these unused words:

Start reading!

"I tend to publish when and whatever I can find soon and only
subsequently
......"

not that "I would publish ..."..... Presumably citing somebody by
leaving
out a crucial word???? Anyhow, thanks for the legal advice that will
prevent me from changing "tend" into "will"!

pozdrawiam, Rein

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse my latitude in such a major presumption that
you
migh not have a full command of the English language and used 'tend' for
'would'.

In any event, 'tend' indicates that the action 'publish' HAS been done
before, so my error was in assigning the future 'would' to your now
admitted
past thefts of copyrighted material.

-30-

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old August 27th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

I need only click http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com/index.html and
I tend to see the answer...

pozdrawiam, Rein

Op Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:13:26 +0200 schreef Sir F. A. Rien
:

Firefox can't find the server at www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com.
* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com