TECH: 6sj7 metal or glass difference

Old August 11th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
flashbk13

Default TECH: 6sj7 metal or glass difference

Hi all,
Is there a reason for using a metal vs glass envelope tube? In this
case, a 6sj7 in the ami b amp. I need to replace it (this one is metal)
and want to buy the correct one. Thank you, Rick.

Old August 12th 06, 05:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2006-08-11 15:13:25 -0700, "flashbk13" said:

Hi all,
Is there a reason for using a metal vs glass envelope tube? In this
case, a 6sj7 in the ami b amp. I need to replace it (this one is metal)
and want to buy the correct one. Thank you, Rick.

There is some difference in power output and specs between the metal
and glass 6L6 tubes. I don't think it matters for the low power tubes
though.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Old August 12th 06, 07:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Record Hound

Rick - The 6SJ7 is a high-gain amplifier tube, and the metal type has
the advantage of its metal shell acting as a shield. A glass type
might introduce some hum. I'd go with the metal one if I were you.

*jukebox jimmy

*********************

Old August 12th 06, 11:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
flashbk13

Thank you for the reply Jimmy, Rick.

flashbk13 wrote:
Hi all,
Is there a reason for using a metal vs glass envelope tube? In this
case, a 6sj7 in the ami b amp. I need to replace it (this one is metal)
and want to buy the correct one. Thank you, Rick.

FS - 96/97 METAL UNIVERSE dogger Hockey 0 July 19th 04 09:29 AM
FS - 96/97 METAL UNIVERSE Singles LD19612003 Hockey 0 April 13th 04 10:17 AM
FS - Hockey cards Dogger Hockey 0 February 26th 04 01:05 PM
FS - This stuff needs to go Dogger Hockey 0 February 6th 04 08:49 PM
FS - Dogger Hockey 0 January 25th 04 10:43 PM