US query-from Phantomm

Old September 2nd 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default US query-from Phantomm

posted on behalf by request

http://cjoint.com/data/jdaT1fCKgw.htm

"Here is a scan of some early US that I have.

I am interested in getting a ID for the Washington
2 cent stamps. Maybe you know of someone
who would be interested in looking at the scan
and narrow down the Scott ID numbers.
Some of the Washington 2 cent have alot
of value according to the Scott price guide.
I've a good collection of these and would like
to know if I have any that are rare, so that
I can get them certified for a possible at Auction."

Old September 3rd 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Sep 2, 6:52*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
posted on behalf by request

http://cjoint.com/data/jdaT1fCKgw.htm

"Here is a scan of some early US that I have.

I am interested in getting a ID for the Washington
2 cent stamps. Maybe you know of someone
who would be interested in looking at the scan
and narrow down the Scott ID numbers.
Some of the Washington 2 cent have alot
of value according to the Scott price guide.
I've a good collection of these and would like
to know if I have any that are rare, so that
I can get them certified for a possible at Auction."

well you need the watermarks, and the scan doesbt show those.
Old September 3rd 09, 05:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Sep 2, 6:52�pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
posted on behalf by request

http://cjoint.com/data/jdaT1fCKgw.htm

"Here is a scan of some early US that I have.

I am interested in getting a ID for the Washington
2 cent stamps. Maybe you know of someone
who would be interested in looking at the scan
and narrow down the Scott ID numbers.
Some of the Washington 2 cent have alot
of value according to the Scott price guide.
I've a good collection of these and would like
to know if I have any that are rare, so that
I can get them certified for a possible at Auction."

These are all post 1922 issues. There are several varieties of
perforation that would be needed to identify. You appear to have sheet
stamps, stamps from booklets, and coil stamps. The perforations a
11, 11x10, 10, and 11x10.5 for sheet stamps. Also issued imperforate.
Coil stamps came perforated 10 vertically or perforated 10
horizontally. The stamps were printed on flat plate and rotary plate
presses. These are all unwatermarked.
Old September 3rd 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
phantomm_1

"Blair" wrote in message
On Sep 2, 6:52 pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
posted on behalf by request

http://cjoint.com/data/jdaT1fCKgw.htm

"Here is a scan of some early US that I have.

I am interested in getting a ID for the Washington
2 cent stamps. Maybe you know of someone
who would be interested in looking at the scan
and narrow down the Scott ID numbers.
Some of the Washington 2 cent have alot
of value according to the Scott price guide.
I've a good collection of these and would like
to know if I have any that are rare, so that
I can get them certified for a possible at Auction."

well you need the watermarks, and the scan doesbt show those.

Yes, the watermarks also play a part in the ID process,
What I needed was for someone or more to help determine
the perfs and size. And I could compare with what I come up
with. Sort of a experiment, just going by the scan.

I'm sure, some of the stamps could be one of several varieties.
But I would think a few could be narrowed down to be a possible
ID number or numbers.
There are at least 10 different ID numbers for these stamps.
Also some were coil, some rotary, and some flat press, and the
rare sheet stamps made from coil waste.

If anyone wants to take a better look, I
can e-mail a .TIF Scan where one can really get a close look
at them. Just drop me a e-mail if interested. And we can discuss
in private.

Thanks,

Old September 3rd 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
phantomm_1

wrote in message
[...]

Darn that's good!!
There is no glue on most of them!

I'll send you a e-mail if you don't mind.

Old September 3rd 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
jerry

Hi,

Go to this link: http://www.1847usa.com/

It has an excellent identifier for Washington-Franklin stamps. As
said previously you are going to need the watermark.

Jerry B

Postcards from phantomm rodney General Discussion 10 August 6th 09 02:06 PM
RSA query. Rod General Discussion 2 March 12th 07 08:12 AM
US query. Rod General Discussion 4 February 13th 07 04:30 AM
US query Rodney General Discussion 3 August 19th 05 11:32 PM
GB FDC Query Neil General Discussion 11 September 26th 03 06:13 PM