Seeburg STD4- Mardi Gras Questions

Old August 20th 04, 07:04 PM
barry womb

Default Seeburg STD4- Mardi Gras Questions

Hello-
I just got a Seeburg STD4. It's VERY cool and retroy. It's also in
good shape.
I'm new to jukeboxes and had a few questions. I wasn wondering if
someone here would know:

The model that I have doesn't have lights behind the top panel. It's
got the twinkling lights, but in some pictures that I've seen, it
looks like the top panel is backlit like those rainbows on the bottom.
I'm trying to find out if there were indeed lights back there and what
they were. A photo of the inside of the top section would help, but
that'd be tough to find.

I guess I'm also curious on what the std4 is worth. Not selling it,
just would like to know. It's a way cool jukebox!

The twinkling lights- are those just light diodes or actually little
bulbs? I've got 2 burned out.

Under the top panel, there is a thing that refers to treble and bass
controls, but I cannot find the actual controls. Anybody have a clue?

Thanks!
Old August 21st 04, 02:28 AM
Ken G.

Those are light bulbs that are soldered in place .
that machine is worth about 300$ max .

Old August 21st 04, 06:21 AM
Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner

Is the keypad area lit ??not from the small chasing lights if not the
floresent bulb behind the upper panel is out

you can get a replacement if i remember right at any hardware store

if its not the bulb the starter may be bad or your transformer.

Jim W

om...

Old August 22nd 04, 10:46 PM
barry womb

What determines its value?

Old August 23rd 04, 04:42 AM
Don Lanway

What people are usually willing to pay.....

Actually, completely refurbished, full of good records, with a year
warranty... one might fetch $750

YMMV

Don

"barry womb" wrote in message
om...
What determines its value?

(Ken G.) wrote in message

Those are light bulbs that are soldered in place .
that machine is worth about 300$ max .

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old August 23rd 04, 06:13 AM
Ken G.

Value has alot to do with the records being visable . That machine is a
square box with a lid over the record mech ..
Its a better looking box than some out there . I had one in very good
condition and after a long time with it in the shop on display even
plugged in at night in the front window let it go for 200$ to get rid of
it .

Old August 23rd 04, 04:42 PM
barry womb

Ouch! Mine was more than that, but that's ok, it's cool and I dig it!

I figured out that the fluorescent tube was just taken out. Duh! OPEN
YOUR EYES!!
I'm still looking for the twinkling lights. Radio Shack (of course)
didn't seem to be able to help. Ugh.

Old August 23rd 04, 07:05 PM
Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner

give tony miller a email he will tell you what you need to replace them
he is the one who built the sequencer for thoes lights

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/

Jim W

om...

Old August 24th 04, 01:15 AM
Ken G.

I liked it to at the time .. about 10 years ago i bough it for 75$ non
working . I remember those bulbs were an odd voltage ... i tried to use
mini christmas bulbs because they have wires after you pull them off of
their bases but they were to bright and burned out fast .
Best of luck with it .

My favorite closed mech juke is the seeburg PAIUE ??? the one with the
big blue picture on the front . They sound really good

Old August 24th 04, 01:22 PM
Jjmscf

It's a PFEA1U.Tough model no. to keep straight.I got one.Does sound good but my
Rockola 490-1 has more bass.