R.I.P. Scott Witherspoon 1/23/68-8/17/2008

Old October 21st 08, 02:39 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.bastards,rec.collecting.coins
Still.Angrie

Default R.I.P. Scott Witherspoon 1/23/68-8/17/2008

wrote:
I called him up up in Wyoming a couple hours ago to find out why the
**** he hadn't brought his new canoe down to Texas to go fishing. I'm
the dinsdale/alt.drunken.******* that put him up multiple times over
the years when he had a hankering to get away from Wyoming and back to
Texas. Last I saw him he was headed north and I loaned him gas money
back to Laramie. We talked on the phone sporadically and he had been
talking about moving down this way or Florida or Cheyenne, then he
fell off the radar and I forgot for a while.

I called up his Laramie number tonight to see what was up and Mary
explained to me she'd come home from work and he was incoherent in a
chair about 3 feet from the door instead of opening it for her like he
usually did. She thought he was ****ed up but it was lack of blood to
the brain. Hadn't even finished half his half pint of rotgut vodka
and sunny D-light. He went blue, she called EMS, and coroner said
"massive GI bleeding" as cause of death the next day. His last words
were mumbling about being ****ed up and not being able to get out of
his chair. His mom had a service for him in Irving, TX. i wasn't
invited but she never liked me, so it goes...

Mary asked me to post this as she isn't very internet oriented and she
figured y'all were wondering about him at als and adb.

He had a habit of riding the razor's edge. He'd never call me about a
place to stay until he was an hour or two's drive away after 2000
miles. How you gonna turn a friend down when he does that? He had
class in an odd way and was always personable, if occasionally ranting
insane, though he even did that quietly.

He had a hell of a run. Nobody has lived until they've seen a spoon
in fine and graceful form...

Y'all never saw spoon at an Texas Steak House on acid and god knows
what else with a head full of Wild Turkey 101 and forks and very sharp
knives.... He knew how to "carve a steak" in a way where the
management might ask you to leave but then change their mind, because
nobody wanted to bounce him...and then you had to drive him home...

And yet I trusted him implicitly around me with firearms...well, I
trusted him with the knives too. He was an ornery ****er but a gentle
spirit that just liked to raise hell sometimes and he grew up about
same as I did where occasional hell raising didn't get you a life
sentence, just an admonition from your mom's favorite pastors...

Regards and R.I.P. for Scott,

dinsdale
alt.drunken.*******s

Old October 21st 08, 03:40 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.bastards,rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Hello

The message below was CROSS-POSTED on several newgroup
headers. If you should reply be aware you may end up on seveal
newsgroup headers all at once.

alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.*******s,rec.collecting .coins

Old October 21st 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.bastards,rec.collecting.coins
Ilusion

We thought that you should know too

Ana

Old October 21st 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
Hello

The message below was CROSS-POSTED on several newgroup
headers. If you should reply be aware you may end up on seveal
newsgroup headers all at once.

alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.*******s,rec.collecting .coins

And if the crosspost happens to have alt.life.sucks in the NGs list DO NOT
address the crosspost as it will only bring MORE crossposts.

Old October 21st 08, 06:55 PM posted to alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.bastards,rec.collecting.coins
Bob[_3_]

And an annoying 'net nanny' top post at that!
Worst part is....now they are turning us into top posters!

****ing top poster.

--

-Bob

"My fault,my failure, is not in the passions I have,but in my lack of
control of them." -J. Kerouac

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!"
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old October 22nd 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.bastards,rec.collecting.coins
Somebody[_2_]

*******s!

alt.drunken.*******s-- indeed.

wait, that was the coin collector... nevermind.

****ing top poster.

Old October 22nd 08, 03:52 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,alt.drunken.bastards,rec.collecting.coins
Bob[_4_]

I have some walking liberties and a Massachusetts quarter.

Still.Angrie wrote:

****ing top poster.

[...]

Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.
- Aesop

"My fault,my failure,is not my passions,but in my lack of control of them"
-J. Kerouac