Collecting experience

Old February 24th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

Default Collecting experience

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:02:35 -0500, "Scurvy Dog"
wrote:

Reid's pathology, as pointed out several times before, is explained at:

The only thing more boring than Reid is an analysis of Reid.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old February 24th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

wrote:

Reid's pathology, as pointed out several times before, is explained at:

The only thing more boring than Reid is an analysis of Reid.

Right enough. I'll endeavor to resist any further analysis of our resident
gasbag.

Old February 24th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

wrote:

Reid's pathology, as pointed out several times before, is explained at:

The only thing more boring than Reid is an analysis of Reid.

It looked to me like "The Right Man" just describes a specific form of
megalomania. No need to write a treatise when a one-word analysis will do.

- mazorj the Succinct

Old February 24th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
reid, why are you always so angry?
you've got to relax before you give yourself a stroke.

That's probably why some keep egging him on.

Some?

Well, I didn't want to attribute his demise as a motive for every one of his
opponents. Some undoubtedly are happy to have him around as rcc's chew toy.

Perhaps there are a few charitable souls who don't gleefully envision Reid
clutching at his chest, saying "It's the big one! I'm comin' to join you,
Elizabeth!"
OTOH, I've yet to see anyone come to Reid's defense in this group.
In fact, the general consensus appearing to be that he's a braying, fatuous ass.
But at least he stirs up activity in the group...

Old February 24th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

wrote:

Reid's pathology, as pointed out several times before, is explained at:

The only thing more boring than Reid is an analysis of Reid.

Right enough. I'll endeavor to resist any further analysis of our resident
gasbag.

Ehh, you can't fool us. You're just giving this up for Lent, right?

Old February 25th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 2/24/2010 1:47 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:

My criticism of you is meant to be POSITIVE to help you see how others may

You really are a self-deluded moron. You know as well as anyone that you
meant nothing positive with anything you've said here. You struck no
"nerve" with me, I'm not about to suffer a stroke, I'm not angry at all
but instead mildly amused by people like you and your behavior, a
curious albeit pathetic and ultimately deleterious aspect of online
communication. Why Usenet has the reputation it does. Tell me again how
I'm "fair game," how I post here because no one at my local coin club
listens to me (when I don't belong to any local coin clubs), all the
other dull, unimaginative flamejunk you spit out.

All I'm doing is calling you on what you did. No more, no less. You put
out mindless belligerence, and I'm calling you on this. In return, you
barf out more idiocy. Yes, indeedy. You were trying to be positive. Look
yourself in the mirror right now and say out loud what you just wrote
above. You're just being positive and trying to help because you're a
good and generous person who wants to make the world a better place.
Self-delusion carried to a pathetic extreme, both funny and sad.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old February 25th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 2/24/2010 1:47 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:

My criticism of you is meant to be POSITIVE to help you see how others
may

You really are a self-deluded moron. You know as well as anyone that you
meant nothing positive with anything you've said here. You struck no
"nerve" with me, I'm not about to suffer a stroke, I'm not angry at all
but instead mildly amused by people like you and your behavior, a curious
albeit pathetic and ultimately deleterious aspect of online communication.
Why Usenet has the reputation it does. Tell me again how I'm "fair game,"
how I post here because no one at my local coin club listens to me (when I
don't belong to any local coin clubs), all the other dull, unimaginative
flamejunk you spit out.

You're kidding, right? You never did read my last post, right? You are
truly something.

All I'm doing is calling you on what you did. No more, no less. You put
out mindless belligerence, and I'm calling you on this. In return, you
barf out more idiocy. Yes, indeedy. You were trying to be positive. Look
yourself in the mirror right now and say out loud what you just wrote
above. You're just being positive and trying to help because you're a good
and generous person who wants to make the world a better place.
Self-delusion carried to a pathetic extreme, both funny and sad.

Excuse me. My sides hurt. We would surely miss you here if you were to
suddenly get a clue and slink away in silence. You are truly unique.

Flamejunk spit g

Old February 25th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 2/24/2010 1:47 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:

My criticism of you is meant to be POSITIVE to help you see how others may

You really are a self-deluded moron.

Reid, I think that applies to you, not Bruce.

Old February 25th 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

It's a shame that someone with obvious coin knowledge never perfected how to
share it with others in a way that they will want to hear more..

Reid's philosophy seems to be of the old "my way or the highway" variety.
He's a fatuous ass but his rants do provide unintended humor.
Poor Reid, the resident buffoon and the butt of every joke in RCC..
Maybe he acknowledges that to himself and that what's makes him so angry...

Old February 25th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
ImperialCoins

I almost never post to Usenet, but I have to tip my hat to Reid. He
turned calling someone stupid into a work of literary art.

"How stupid are thee?? Let me count the ways."

Alfred

On Feb 24, 1:47*pm,
"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

On 2/23/2010 5:46 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:

Idiot??? * Sounds like I hit a nerve. *And FOUR paragraphs to respond to
my

Not at all. I use you as an example. You probably haven't noticed this,
given your behavior here, but compared with the traditional print and
broadcast worlds the Internet is more a communications media than a
publishing media. It's much more two-way than one way. Recipients have
much more of a chance to give feedback, and then those initiating the
communication are able to give feedback to that.

My feedback to you is that you're stupid. More fairly and accurately,
you're acting stupidly in this thread and a fair number of other recent
ones I've initiated, not responding to what I say but instead appearing to
respond merely or primarily for the purpose of criticizing and disrupting.
Now, other things being equal, criticism is great. On a macro level,
criticism is a vital part of a free society. On a micro level, as others
have as well, I've learned a lot here and elsewhere from criticism, from
corrections to statements I've made that I thought were factual but turned
out not to be as well as from differences of opinion from those I held
that led me to reevaluate and sometimes change my own opinions.