More about Sacs

Old March 26th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Default More about Sacs

Jass wrote:
Poor Sacagawea, there will be ~500 million of her sitting in some
moldy wearhouse.

I hope some lawmaker notices this horrible waste and reduces the 1/3
amount to something sensible, like 1/5

Or votes to stop that truly horrible waste, that being their stubborn
insistence on continued production and circulation of those oft-moldy $1
banknotes.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old March 27th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Vector

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:26:03 -0700, Jim Seymour
wrote:

Vector wrote:
But, tell me ... since I missed it elsewhere ... why does the mint
'have to' mint 400 million SACs this year?

The legislation authorizing the presidential dollars requires that 1/3
of the annual dollar coin production be of Sacagawea coins.

The mint claims to have minted roughly 300 million Washington dollars.
If they keep that pace up for the other three, that means 1.2 billion
presidential dollars this year - which would require 400 million Sacs.

OIC. I possibly could've Googled the answer for myself, but I thank
you and the others for saving me the footwork ; )

OT: The reason I was distracted ... saving money for and taking what
was, for me, a dream vacation. I spent two weeks roaming western
Oregon in a rental car, something I've been wanting to do for years!
I enjoyed it so much I feel I must do it again soon ...
this time in the Summer.

Thanks again.
Old March 27th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bobbo

On Mar 26, 6:30 pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

Or votes to stop that truly horrible waste, that being their stubborn
insistence on continued production and circulation of those oft-moldy $1 banknotes.

The American public has made it very clear that they want production
of $1 notes to continue.
Besides, I can't imagine stuffing Sacs in a stripper's g-string!

Old March 27th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
. ..
Jass wrote:
Poor Sacagawea, there will be ~500 million of her sitting in some
moldy wearhouse.

I hope some lawmaker notices this horrible waste and reduces the 1/3
amount to something sensible, like 1/5

Or votes to stop that truly horrible waste, that being their stubborn
insistence on continued production and circulation of those oft-moldy $1
banknotes.

Yuk! Where do you shop? I can't recall receiving any "moldy" $1 bills, nor
any other denomination bills. Bills should be no more "moldy" than much of
the other stuff you might touch or handle in your daily routine. If the $1
bill is ever discontinued, it won't be for any hygienic reasons.

Bruce

Old March 27th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jass wrote:
Poor Sacagawea, there will be ~500 million of her sitting in some
moldy wearhouse.

I hope some lawmaker notices this horrible waste and reduces the 1/3
amount to something sensible, like 1/5

Or votes to stop that truly horrible waste, that being their stubborn
insistence on continued production and circulation of those oft-moldy $1
banknotes.

Yuk! Where do you shop? I can't recall receiving any "moldy" $1 bills,
nor any other denomination bills. Bills should be no more "moldy" than
much of the other stuff you might touch or handle in your daily routine.
If the $1 bill is ever discontinued, it won't be for any hygienic reasons.

Bruce

Not too often, but every now and then I'll get a one that is all wrinkled,
damp and limp. It seems these usually come from fast-food drive-through
windows or convenience stores. I always feel a desire to bathe after I get
rid of it.

James

Old March 27th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Jass wrote:
[...]

A good reason to avoid those places.

Bruce

Old March 27th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Vector

On 26 Mar 2007 19:37:52 -0700, "Bobbo" wrote:

Besides, I can't imagine stuffing Sacs in a stripper's g-string!

$1 bills were a decade or two ago. Try a $5
Old March 27th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

In article om,
"Bobbo" wrote:

The American public has made it very clear that they want production
of $1 notes to continue.

First, the public has never gotten a chance to compare dollar coins with
bills by experiencing daily use of dollar coins.

Second, since when should the public get to vote on such things? The
Congress should do what's _right_, not pander to the public who _thinks_
dollar bills are better than coins.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old March 27th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
howard

Jass wrote:
[...]

Used to work at a "gas station" in the '60s, when it was YES YES YES
(not a typo) 19.9 per gallon.
The paper money generally smelled like petroleum after it was handled,
kept in one's pocket (no fancy register) and taken out and used for
change from a $5.00 or $10.00.
If you need your "jollies" sniffing currency and can find a "service
station" that actually has paper money that was used for payment, just
ask the attendant if you can "smell the cash"!

h (whose age my be showing a bit)
Old March 28th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message
news
In article om,
"Bobbo" wrote:

The American public has made it very clear that they want production
of $1 notes to continue.

First, the public has never gotten a chance to compare dollar coins with
bills by experiencing daily use of dollar coins.

Sounds like a chicken - egg thing.

Second, since when should the public get to vote on such things? The
Congress should do what's _right_, not pander to the public who _thinks_
dollar bills are better than coins.

Paul

I thought Congress represents the public. The public has had some thirty
years to decide if the dollar coins are better than dollar bills. Both have
been options for that long. So it seems like Congress will have to act on
its own to end dollar bill production. The public apparently isn't
clamoring for it. Fortunately, dollar coins continue to become more
plentiful and will always(?) be available for those prefer to use them.

Bruce

$1,000 sacs and SBAs howard Coins 1 June 22nd 06 02:00 AM
Thansk to SACs we eat f b Coins 1 December 17th 04 01:47 PM
Source for ink sacs John B. Egger Pens & Pencils 6 October 14th 04 04:34 AM
Got sacs in change phil small p Coins 4 August 25th 03 10:35 PM
Sacs in 2004? eXistenZ32 Coins 2 July 18th 03 06:33 PM