Interested in a "Summer Swap?"

Old July 7th 05, 03:39 AM
linxlvr

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:15:39 +0000, Larry Louks wrote:

From another thread, the following have said that they would like to
participate in a swap:

Gary Loveless
Larry Louks
Padraic Brown
Daniel
kbob74
Mike Hairfield

If you are new to the group and are wondering what this is all about, here
is what you need to know. (I'm taking the liberty to copy this helpful
information from Padraic Brown's reply last night when someone asked what
this swap consists of. Thanks, Padraic!)

----
"More specifically: you choose one or more categories within which to make
swaps, say $15 worth of world coins or $20 worth of supplies. Everyone's
names and categories are collected by the swapmaster, who will pair you up
(randomly) with someone else in the same category. If I'm in the same $15
world coin category, I might get paired with you and would send you a packet
containing $15+ worth of foreign coins. It usually works out that no two
people make direct exchanges: you'd probably end up sending your packet of
$15+ worth of foreign coins to someone else.

Don't worry about the dollar amounts, there are enough categories for almost
everyone's budget. Though it must be stated that móst people send packets in
excess of the category value.

These are always fun events, and more than half the fun is in reading what
everyone got afterwards."
----

So, come on, gang! If you want to take part, reply to this thread and let's
see how much interest there is out there!

Larry

Count me in! I loved the Xmas swap!
--
dw
(Don Wilson)

Old July 7th 05, 03:40 AM
Jose Vega

iam in larry,,
Jose Vega

Old July 7th 05, 04:00 AM
Texan In NY

I would like to be in for US coins up to $25.

Tom

Old July 7th 05, 06:36 AM
John Patrick

Interesting. This is way more interest in it this time than when
I ran the Summer Swap last year. I believe we had a whopping 17
participants.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to coordinate it again this
year. If you want to run it Larry, be my guest.

John
'busy, busy, and more busy'

Old July 7th 05, 08:49 AM
Steve Ruud

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:15:39 GMT, "Larry Louks"
wrote:

So, come on, gang! If you want to take part, reply to this thread and let's
see how much interest there is out there!

Having never played in one of these before, I'll jump in this time!

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to reply via e-mail)
Old July 7th 05, 10:40 AM
Larry Louks

"John Patrick" wrote in message:
Interesting. This is way more interest in it this time than when
I ran the Summer Swap last year. I believe we had a whopping 17
participants.

Thanks again for heading it up last year, John. I look forward to doing the
legwork and pairing everyone up on the swap this time. (I'm not sure from
your post whether you want to be a participant this time. Please clarify.)

Larry

Old July 7th 05, 10:58 AM
Larry Louks

"Steve Ruud" thought it over and then cried:
Having never played in one of these before, I'll jump in this time!

You're in, Steve! I guess there's no need for me to reply to every single
poster so long as they know they are included. At this moment, the following
18 participants are noted:

Gary Loveless
Larry Louks
Padraic Brown