Need source for pressure pads

Old September 13th 03, 02:50 AM
trippin2-8track

I have lurked for a long time, and I am a lifetime 'tracker'.

Doubtful. If you were, you never would have flamed a home-grown cart
repair tip in the first place. Sounds gen X or gen digital to me...

First off, you don't know what you are talking about, Trippin, or whatever
you are going by today.

Sounds like you're a real legend in your own mind....
I've repaired more carts, than you'll ever live to see- carts I bought
new back in the 1970's. And shipped thousands of them all over the
world- to accolades.
I've forgotten fix tricks, than you'll ever know.

Not only on this post, but every post you put in.

Glad to hear your reading each and every one of my posts. What's the
attraction, you're learning, aren't you...

The tape doesn't move
when changing tracks. In fact, the tape NEVER moves under normal
circumstances.

Wrong. I've taken decks apart, and played them and watched the tape
with a flashlight. It moves. Sometimes you can get better sound on a
decks just by removing the cart, and putting it back in. Never say
never.

Furthermore, how do you think the tape gets turned around, wrong side
out, at track switch sometimes ?? Look at the next reversed tape you
find, where it is twisted and creased. And you think it doesn't move
?? Get a reality check.

Second, the extra pad 'hypothesis' is total crap.

Oh really (chuckle)...then explain WHY most spring pads are wider than
the tape ?? Companies like RCA and Warner Brothers used extra wide
spring pads on-they didn't do it, cuz they like spending more money on
pad thickness.

It looks like crap, and does nothing to help fidelity.

Wrong. If you use black foam padding, it looks jake. (that means "the
best" in cool lingo- but since you're not, I'll interpret for you)

And a Win-Gib ain't pretty- they take after Gibby, and the apple
didn't fall far from the tree...Win-Gibbies have the color of a dried
up booger.

Third, your homemade pads
don't have a plastic top that protects the important lubricating underlayer
of the tape itself.

Plastic isn't needed. Here's why: The spring pads, don't have the
plastic top either. And they are the best/most expensive pad ever
made, do your homework, rookie.

If you use Home Depot foam, it scrapes the bottom of
the tape clean, and will cause the tape to overwind and become too tight.

I don't know what Home Depot foam is and don't use it. Sounds like
you tried sandpaper or scotchbrite for a pad (chuckle)

In over 25 years, NONE of my tapes are "scraped clean" on bottom. And
NONE of my repaired tapes overwinds or becomes too tight. Get a
reality check.

Please stop giving bad advice to people, it's a reflection of your poor
judgement which you constantly use.

You are obviously a part of the Pad and Foil Cartel. Heads up, this
just in: original foil sucks. Win-Gibs are over-rated, and too
expensive. Both are just a copy of the same ****ty material, that
****ed up the first time around, and killed the 8-track tape 20 years
ago. Wake up- if you want to make it better, don't make it the same-
change it.

Adam

Doubtful. The Pad and Foil Cartel think they can cut tape from just
track 4. They never heard of the Led Zeppelin Presence LP until 2
years ago. They recommend TR-803's with ****ty plastic tape head
supports and watery sound. One of them is gay. No one takes their
utterings seriously anymore. No doubt they lock up old used tampax
pads, cuz they think they're valuable. That gang would upstage Larry,
Curly, and Moe for stupidity...and even Shemp ! Are you suggesting we
take their advice ??

I tripped, and I can't get down.

Have fun, listen hard...

ps- if you really want the Maserati Ghibli of pads, strip as many
spring pads as you can from carts of no interest to you, and have at
it.
Old September 13th 03, 10:25 AM
trippin2-8track

Easily remedied, just reduce spring pressure, by adjusting the middle
pad further inside the cart.

(laughter)