1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth to be auctioned

Old February 13th 05, 07:14 AM
Chris Cathcart

Default 1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth to be auctioned

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/rea_preview1.html

Wanna do an over-under for the final bid on this one? I'll start it off:

$230,000

(This is the same one that sold ungraded back in the late '90s, supposedly
the best example known, and I seem to remember it going for around $80K.)

--
Chris Cathcart
http://geocities.com/cathcacr

Old February 13th 05, 07:39 PM
Bob Miller

Wanna do an over-under for the final bid on this one? I'll start it off:
$230,000

(This is the same one that sold ungraded back in the late '90s, supposedly
the best example known, and I seem to remember it going for around $80K.)

doesn't PSA grade trimmed cards now?

Old February 17th 05, 01:50 AM
Ron B.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 06:14:21 GMT, "Chris Cathcart"
wrote:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/rea_preview1.html

Wanna do an over-under for the final bid on this one? I'll start it off:

$230,000

(This is the same one that sold ungraded back in the late '90s, supposedly
the best example known, and I seem to remember it going for around $80K.)

I suspect it will sell for less than that. Some might not consider it
a true rookie card. It's not from a well known set. From the
description it sounds like it was regional and had limited
distribution. Plus it's only a PSA 4.

That said, it's still an amazing card. I'd be surprised if it sold
for less than $100K. But I'd also be surprised if it sold for over
$200K. I'll place my guess at $150,000.

Ron
Old February 17th 05, 03:53 PM
pkstore2

The market has been strong on rare cards especially of Ruth. Regardless of
if it was trimmed or sold years ago for $80k doesn't mean much anymore since
things have gone thru the roof on rare pieces. I think it is worthy of $100k
but not $200k so i will say $110k

Old July 24th 05, 03:45 AM
Ron B.

You dah man!

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...sp?itemid=2055

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...5&auctionid=10

Ron

Old July 24th 05, 04:07 AM
Ron B.

Related article . . .

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/sc...ai=8495&si=123

Ron
************************************************** ***********************************

Old July 24th 05, 06:31 AM
Patrick W. Schubert Sr.

I would like to venture a guess of $335,000 ...

Nice card, never seen it before.

--
www.dacollector.net

Old July 24th 05, 11:28 PM
Carl Anderson

Nice card, never seen it before.

Well then, let me be the first to welcome you to the hobby. Let me
guess......you recently got tired of collecting Pokemon cards?