Isle of Man Stamps

Old June 7th 11, 12:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Isle of Man Stamps

How would you rate the quality of the stamps sold the Isle of Man Post
Office's Stamps and Coins website?

http://www.iompostoffice.com/stamps/
Old June 7th 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

wrote:
How would you rate the quality of the stamps sold the Isle of Man Post
Office's Stamps and Coins website?

http://www.iompostoffice.com/stamps/

Personally, not highly.

They produce coins in great variety for collectors rather than circulation.

If you like them, fine, but if you expect any return on your collecting
interest, find another period. You are far better off collecting classical
coins and stamps rather than modern gubbins.

But, hey, you can collect what YOU like.

--
Tony Clayton

Old June 7th 11, 04:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Victor Manta a écrit :
"Tony Clayton" wrote in message

If you like them, fine, but if you expect any return on your
collecting interest, find another period. You are far better off
collecting classical
coins and stamps rather than modern gubbins.

It depends on how and what for one collects. So many stamps issued
during the classical period have a low return value but, for example,
an Inverted Jenny (1918) will at least keep and rather increase its
value in time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_Jenny

Hello Victor,

Thanks for this link. I also dicovered thanks to you this other link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philate...tment_scandals

HTH

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old June 8th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Default Philatelic investments [Was : Isle of Man Stamps]

I wrote :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philate...tment_scandals

BTW, the link to the whole Wiki page on "Philatelic investment" is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philatelic_investment

Old June 9th 11, 09:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

On 6/8/2011 2:04 AM, Pierre COURTIADE wrote:
I wrote :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philate...tment_scandals

BTW, the link to the whole Wiki page on "Philatelic investment" is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philatelic_investment

Thank you for the link. I had not thought to look for philatelic
articles on Wikipedia. I read the whole article from the first link. I
though the list of disadvantages and andvantages was particularly good,
and fair.
Old June 10th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

I wrote :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philate...tment_scandals

Then, some hours later :
BTW, the link to the whole Wiki page on "Philatelic investment" is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philatelic_investment

Terry Reedy answers :

Thank you for the link. I had not thought to look for philatelic
articles on Wikipedia. I read the whole article from the first link. I
though the list of disadvantages and andvantages was particularly
good, and fair.

You're very welcome, Terry.
Indeed I agree with you on the fairness of their list.

More generally, I discovered a few years ago that Wikipedia in
French (my mother tongue) had quite good and comprehensive
articles on philately :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbre_postal
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philatélie

I just had a glimpse on the English language equivalents :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postage_stamp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philately
but no time to assess their depthness and quality

--
Cheers,
Pierre Courtiade