Venezuelan unknown stamp

Old April 22nd 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default Venezuelan unknown stamp

Hello again,

http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

Old April 22nd 11, 01:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Thouin[_2_]

In article ,
"Pedro" wrote:

Hello again,

http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

Hi Pedro

Scott is a POSTAGE STAMP catalogue. Venezuelan postage stamps usually
as in this case, fiscal stamps. There should be a fiscal, also called
«Revenue», stamp catalogue for Venezuela. A simple Google search will
allow you to find it.

regards

richard
Old April 22nd 11, 03:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Richard Thouin" wrote in message
In article ,
"Pedro" wrote:

Hello again,

http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

Hi Pedro

Scott is a POSTAGE STAMP catalogue. Venezuelan postage stamps usually
as in this case, fiscal stamps. There should be a fiscal, also called
«Revenue», stamp catalogue for Venezuela. A simple Google search will
allow you to find it.

regards

richard

Thank you very much for the information, Richard. I know Scott is a postage
stamp catalog. The problem was I thought this was a postal stamp. I did not
imagine otherwise. I did not catch on the "correos" thing.

best wishes,
Pedro

Old April 22nd 11, 02:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

"Pedro" wrote:

Hello again,

*http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

* This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

Hi Pedro

Scott is a POSTAGE STAMP catalogue. *Venezuelan postage stamps usually
are inscribed Correos . Stamps not inscribed Correos are most often,
as in this case, fiscal stamps. *There should be a fiscal, also called
Revenue , stamp catalogue for Venezuela. *A simple Google search will
allow you to find it.

regards

richard

Thank you very much for the information, Richard. I know Scott is a postage
stamp catalog. The problem was I thought this was a postal stamp. I did not
imagine otherwise. I did not catch on the "correos" thing.

best wishes,
Pedro- Hide quoted text -

Pedro:

Please note that SOME non-postal stamps were allowed for postal use
and
not every stamp used for postage is inscribed CORREOS.

Before July 1, 1895 (and since 1892) stamps inscribed ESCUELAS or
INSTRUCCION were valid for domestic postage or revenue purposes.
International postage used stamps inscribed CORREOS.

Blair
Old April 23rd 11, 11:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Pedro" wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much for the information, Blair. That will help me sorting
out my collection.

best wishes,
Pedro

Old April 23rd 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

"Pedro" wrote:

[...]

Early Venezuela is quite confusing.
Old April 25th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 21, 7:53*pm, "Pedro" wrote:
Hello again,

*http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

* This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

CORRECTION

This stamp is Scott #246 (July 5 , 1905)
There were 3 stamps (5c, 10c, 25c) in the set
which was used by the National
Congress (parliament) on its domestic mail.
They were only used for 90 days.

The illostration in scott is very faint
and it can be easily overlooked.

Blair
Old April 25th 11, 09:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 7:53 pm, "Pedro" wrote:
Hello again,

http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

CORRECTION

This stamp is Scott #246 (July 5 , 1905)
There were 3 stamps (5c, 10c, 25c) in the set
which was used by the National
Congress (parliament) on its domestic mail.
They were only used for 90 days.

The illostration in scott is very faint
and it can be easily overlooked.

Blair

Yess!! it is!!

Thank you very much for your help

Pedro

Old April 25th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 25, 4:59*am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 7:53 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

Hello again,

http://cjoint.com/?0DwbUzuhFXA

This is a Venezuelan stamp I can't find in the Scott catalog nor in the
Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla's. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pedro

CORRECTION

This stamp is Scott #246 (July 5 , 1905)
There were 3 stamps (5c, 10c, 25c) in the set
which was used by the National
Congress (parliament) on its domestic mail.
They were only used for 90 days.

The illostration in scott is very faint
and it can be easily overlooked.

Blair

Yess!! it is!!

Thank you very much *for your help

Pedro

Hi Pedro:

Here is a scan of the full National Congress set,
for your information.

It also shows the great variety of shades in
Venezuelan stamps of that period.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201104/cijTVlsoPa.jpg

Blair
Old April 25th 11, 05:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 25, 4:59 am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 7:53 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

[...]

Very useful scan as a color reference. I've almost finished making my album
sheets for Venezuela Simón Bolívar stamps. It has taken a lot of time
checking colors, information on catalogs, distinguishing fiscal stamps from
postage ones, minor differences in frames, perforations...

By the way, talking about perforations, There exist more perforations in
the Bolívar stamps than the ones Scotts references

Pedro