Romania query.

Old April 13th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Romania query.

The postmark on this stamp appears
not to be a town, city or village, rather, a County.
Is it feasable therefore, to be able to collect
strikes of all the counties in Romania?
Or am I "up the garden path"?

http://cjoint.com/data/epgpMnBsr0.htm

Thanks.

Old April 13th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

rodney schrieb:
The postmark on this stamp appears
not to be a town, city or village, rather, a County.
Is it feasable therefore, to be able to collect
strikes of all the counties in Romania?
Or am I "up the garden path"?

http://cjoint.com/data/epgpMnBsr0.htm

Thanks.

Hello Sir Rodney,

Ramnicu is a townname in Rumania.

thera are two different Ramnicus,

Ramnicu Valcea and Ramnicu Sarat.

More You find he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A2mnicu_S%C4%83rat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A2mnicu_V%C3%A2lcea

kind regards

Gerhard
Old April 13th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
rodney schrieb:
The postmark on this stamp appears
not to be a town, city or village, rather, a County.
Is it feasable therefore, to be able to collect
strikes of all the counties in Romania?
Or am I "up the garden path"?

http://cjoint.com/data/epgpMnBsr0.htm

Thanks.

Hello Sir Rodney,

Ramnicu is a townname in Rumania.

thera are two different Ramnicus,

Ramnicu Valcea and Ramnicu Sarat.

The word "ramnic" is probably of Slav origin. Ramnicu Sarat = Salted Pond.

On the stamp (1929) is shown the former Romanian King Mihai, Prince of
Hohenzollern, who lives in Switzerland. He is the son of Carol II of Romania
and of Princess Elena of Greece.

--
Victor Manta

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Old April 14th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Gerhard Reichert"
Ramnicu is a townname in Rumania.

Thank you Gerhard,
I don't know what happened there,
I googled which returned a County.
Thanks again.

Old April 14th 09, 08:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

rodney schrieb:
"Gerhard Reichert"
Ramnicu is a townname in Rumania.

Thank you Gerhard,
I don't know what happened there,
I googled which returned a County.
Thanks again.

Hey, no need for any explanations :-).
You are welcome, always.

Big Bavarian hugs

Gerhard
Old April 14th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Why Thanks Gerhard
Is it you, the Formula 1 fan?
(probably Schumacher)
Well here is one for you of Mika Hakkinen
http://cjoint.com/data/eqae6mFcBW.htm

"Gerhard Reichert"

Old April 14th 09, 11:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default M. Schumacher on stamps. Was: Romania query.

"rodney" wrote in message

Why Thanks Gerhard
Is it you, the Formula 1 fan?
(probably Schumacher)
Well here is one for you of Mika Hakkinen
http://cjoint.com/data/eqae6mFcBW.htm

And here two stamps with Schumacher himself, on 2006 & 2007 Austria issues
(Michel 2628 & 2662). Quite interesting stamps, related to an error. They
could be bought only together.

http://zippo-ric.gmxhome.de/zippos/m...cher-stamp.jpg

--
Victor Manta

Old April 17th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

rodney schrieb:
Why Thanks Gerhard
Is it you, the Formula 1 fan?
(probably Schumacher)
Well here is one for you of Mika Hakkinen
http://cjoint.com/data/eqae6mFcBW.htm

"Gerhard Reichert"
Hey, no need for any explanations :-).
You are welcome, always.

Big Bavarian hugs

Gerhard

Hi Sir Rodney and Victor,

ok, I look Formula 1, sometimes, and Hakkinen and Schumacher are great
drivers, but Schumacher also was not always a fair sportsman, for
example when he tried to crash a competitor to become world champion.

So I am not convinced of his general meaning about fair sports :-).

And I do not like dangerous sports like downhill skiing, that makes no
sense to me to break bones or lose a leg because of horrible accidents.

Stamp collecting is fun, also sports should be. Fun and recreation, not
a risk for my health. And I can write this unfamous words after more
than 40 years of football, volleyball and lifting beer steins :-).

But I appreciate Your hint(s) very well, as always :-).

Gerhard, now playing an online poker game :-)
Old April 18th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Hmmm, someone on this NG is a Formula 1 fan
I wonder whom it may be.

"Gerhard Reichert"
ok, I look Formula 1,

Romania ID. Rod General Discussion 6 September 1st 07 01:15 AM
Ispravi din romania King Seanie, Ruler of the Griks Coins 1 January 25th 06 02:22 AM
Romania oddity Blair (TC) General Discussion 2 July 27th 05 01:03 AM
New coins for Romania? B.J. Herbison Coins 0 September 15th 04 11:46 PM
Romania query Rodney General Discussion 7 December 30th 03 08:55 AM