IP CFL

Old May 25th 08, 03:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Shane

Default IP CFL

there are a few exceptions.....Warren Moon started in the CFL and was
superior to nearly all NFL quarterbacks in his prime. He would have an
untouchable passing yardage record if he had started in the NFL. His total
passing yardage would be way over 70,000 yards....way more than Marino or
Favre.

"barefoot" wrote in message
there are NO grey cup teams that could beat ANY NFL team..no matter
how bad that team is, that's 50 guys who made an nfl team...there's
not one in the CFL...those guys are there because they can't make it
in the nfl...
even doug flutie, the CFL god, couldn't really make it as a starter in
the nfl for any period of time.
come on, don't make completely ludicrous comments...

and you know that the patriots weren't the best team in the
nfl....right? they didn't win the super bowl...the giants did...
and now it's been PROVEN that the patriots have been cheating for
years...so who knows if they could beat the raiders without cheating
video.

Old May 25th 08, 03:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Umm, it was actually just a joke. My first Roughrider IP was just after the
Pats lost, and I said Sask could have beat the Pats too. Just trying to be
funny, tough crowd....
"KC" wrote in message
el...
Today I had the chance to meet Kennedy Nkeyasen, a Saftey for the CFL's
Saskatewan Roughriders. Or the 2007 Grey CUp Champions, remember, they
could have beat the Patriots too....Anyway, he came to our school to speak
about literacy. He was a very energetic speaker and actually played some
touch football with the kids. Got some cool pics with him and he signed
my football and Rider hat. A good haul for the day....A grade 4 student
wanted to get more than 1 thing singed. There was 50 kids in line and he
was mad he could not get a few. I told him to be good for the autograph
gods will be good to him then. I will have to explain that one to him on
Monday. I honestly believe there are Autograph Gods as cheesy as that
sounds. I have never pushed more than I thought proper, and the next
time, some NHL is standing in the lobby with no one around. AT the Skind
game 2 years ago, one of the caddies asked my wife if she wanted Jack
Nicklaus's autograph, she said she did have it and the guy got it for
someone else. The next day, we were golfing at a nearby course and Steven
Ames (#40 ranked player in the world), who was also at the skins game, was
in the parking lot of the course. He walked over to us and chatted for 15
mins. It was 7:30 in the morning! Does anyone else believe in this
Autograph Karma?

Less than a month before all the NHL hockey players come home for the
sunmmer golf tourneys or autograph signings for charity.

Old May 25th 08, 03:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

actually, the team has copped to taping multiple games...bellicheck
has said "i didn't know it was against the rules."

they've been accused of sneaking into team walk throughs and taping
those as well...
you don't get fined over $750000 and lose a draft pick for a one time
mistake...and if you did, you'd definately fight it...the patriots
didn't even try to fight or appeal any of it...

there's instances where players from other teams are ranting about it
and everything...this is seriously bigger than baseball players using
steroids. or that nba ref "fixing" games because he had gambled on
them..

i'm not trying to call you names...you are just seriously
misinformed.
Old May 25th 08, 04:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

oh, i'm trying notto dismiss it...getting autographs is fun...hope you
had a good time getting those players..
mike

Old May 25th 08, 04:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Shane

"barefoot" wrote in message
no, warren moon used the cfl like a minor league...he DIDN'T make it
in the nfl until he had upped the ante in the cfl...

Wrong. The NFL refused to draft him because he was black and wasn't willing
to switch positions prior to the NFL draft. There had never been a black
quarterback and no NFL team was willing to start a black quarterback. He
chewed up the CFL right from the beginning and the NFL realized they made an
idiotic blunder all because of prejudice. He would have been a dominant
quarterback in the NFL from day one. Anyone that would disagree with that
is retarded.

Old May 25th 08, 06:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Shane

No, barefoot is retarded....you're only half retarded...just kidding

"Sue H" wrote in message
I sincerely doubt that's stated anywhere... I doubt they would cop to
that. I guess I am retarded...

Old May 25th 08, 07:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

No worries, it was fun. I made sure all the kids got their stuff signed but
had my football in my bookbag waiting. My first Rider was 6'5 320 pds,
massive, this guy was 5'9 190 pds did not seems like a football
player---until he started running....yah he's fast...yikes....

Old May 25th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

One incident where they were actually filming where they shouldn't be.
The film. ALL the teams do.

They use tapes to analyze other teams and plays. In the case where
they were stripped of their draft picks, they were caught filming
signal (book I believe).

On Sat, 24 May 2008 18:47:46 -0700 (PDT), barefoot
wrote:

now THAT's a racist statement...
doug williams won a super bowl...and he was black...
he wasn't refused entry into the nfl, he wasn't that good at oregon
and HAD to go to the cfl..some on, don't be so idiotic and make a
comment like that...he wasn't good. he became good...

and no, the videotaping wasn't one incident...that guy has many
videos. the patriots weren't stripped of a draft pick because of one
incident...it's coming down hard that they did it a lot and all they
did was cheating.. the players on the patriots are worried their
legacy is tarnished because it happened ALL THE TIME...come on, look
at the facts. it was NEVER only one incident. anyone who believes that
is just silly.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3019280

it wouldn't be called a "scandal" and have it's nickname called
"spygate" because it happened one time...they just got caught at it
because a former assistant coach is the head coach of the jets and he
ratted them out...
the nfl destroyed TONS of evidence, and there's still more out
there...and congress has EVEN MORE of it.

come on...you can't be this naive.
mike

Old May 25th 08, 04:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

And you are saying no other teams videotape? LOL

I've listened to the analysts... and watch several of the ESPN
Coundown and the analysts who take the opposing sides and argue for a
minute. Not a regular thing but over this subject I have.

They admitted they did wrong. Other teams do it and just don't get
caught. And since conception of the game, people have been sending
people into the bleachers or whatever and later taping to see how
other teams practice and run plays. They sit in locker rooms and
watch clips not only of game plays but of practice plays.