Spain queries.

Old March 18th 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Spain queries.

The 1870 set engraved by eugenio julia,
does this feature an allegory of "Spain"
or is it an image of Queen Isabella?
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjBlddBsa.htm

This stamp bears the 3 horizontal lines
consistent with Spanish "remainders" stamps.
I cannot find it anywhere, it appears to me to be
the Duke of Aosta.
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjpu7jpCh.htm

The back of the king alfonso12 stamps
1878-1882 seem to all have have this printing
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjHgsZUQr.htm
Is this security printing? control numbers?

Thanks.

Old March 18th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

The back of the king alfonso12 stamps
1878-1882 seem to all have have this printing
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjHgsZUQr.htm
Is this security printing? control numbers?

Apologies,
it was the 1875 issues. thus:
"On the back of each stamp is a rectangular frame
enclosing a dotted background in the centre of which
in an uncoloured rectangle, cantaining a number, all in blue.
the numbers range from 1-100, the number of stamps on the pane."

Old March 19th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Hi Rod schrieb:
The 1870 set engraved by eugenio julia,
does this feature an allegory of "Spain"
or is it an image of Queen Isabella?
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjBlddBsa.htm

This stamp bears the 3 horizontal lines
consistent with Spanish "remainders" stamps.
I cannot find it anywhere, it appears to me to be
the Duke of Aosta.
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjpu7jpCh.htm

The back of the king alfonso12 stamps
1878-1882 seem to all have have this printing
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjHgsZUQr.htm
Is this security printing? control numbers?

Thanks.

Sir Rodney,

here You can find some information for the second one:

http://www.raster.it/stefano/a/stamps/stamps191-200.htm

Michel does not list this item, so I think, it is a nonissued item.

I saw this stamp, and others, often.

kind regards

Gerhard

Old March 19th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Rod schrieb:
The 1870 set engraved by eugenio julia,
does this feature an allegory of "Spain"
or is it an image of Queen Isabella?
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjBlddBsa.htm

snip

Hello again,

Michel Catalogue for Western Europe shows it as Number 97, described as
"Hispania (symbolic) with wall-crown".

No hint to Queen Isabella there.

Kind regards

Gerhard
Old March 19th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Thanks Gerhard,
Stefano was my next step

King Amadeo had a hard time indeed, and eventually
left, suggesting the Spanish were "ungovernable"

I have two other 10c lilac stamps with "POSTES" at the
top, with no country name, (diamond spot cancels)
I have been searching for also.

Thanks for the other advice, "Hispania" suggests to me allegoric,
similar to "Italia"

thanks for your efforts on my behalf.
Cheers.

Turkey queries. Rod General Discussion 9 January 6th 07 01:16 AM
Mexico queries. Rod General Discussion 5 April 15th 06 12:38 AM
U.S. queries. Rodney General Discussion 11 June 2nd 05 04:27 AM
Austria queries. Rodney General Discussion 19 March 28th 05 08:58 PM
US queries. Rodney General Discussion 4 August 26th 04 06:38 AM