WOW LOOK! THE 1853 Seated Liberty Rare Half Dollar Coin, Certified AU-50 !!!

Old March 26th 05, 09:50 PM

Default WOW LOOK! THE 1853 Seated Liberty Rare Half Dollar Coin, Certified AU-50 !!!

1853 Seated Liberty Rare Half Dollar Coin, Certified AU-50
THE SCARCED "NO MOTTO" COIN RED BOOK VALUE $600!!!
Current Bid only $76.00!!!!!
DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!

Can be found he

This one won't last folks! Hurry or miss out completely its only
available to the first buyer then its gone.

The Seated Liberty Half Dollar with both arrows and rays, being minted
only in 1853, are one-year type coins.

Arrows appeared again in 1873-74, this time to signify a slight boost
in weight meant to give the coins exact metric figures. Another major
change occurred in 1866, when the motto IN GOD WE TRUST was added on a
ribbon above the eagle.

Seated half dollars with arrows and rays were struck at two mints,
Philadelphia and New Orleans (with the "O" mint mark below the eagle),
and both had relatively high mintages. Being perceived as common,
though, they weren't widely saved in mint condition, and high-grade
pieces are surprisingly scarce. Points to check for wear include
Liberty's head, breast and knees and the eagle's head and wing tops.

You can expect to save big $$$ off retail costs!

Old March 26th 05, 09:52 PM
Bob Hairgrove

I hope you realize that most people around here automatically skip
reading messages, or delete the header unread, having "WOW LOOK!" as
the first words of the subject line.

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old March 26th 05, 09:55 PM
Bob Hairgrove

This coin isn't particularly rare at all, although it is a bit hard to
find in mint condition.

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old March 26th 05, 10:04 PM
Bob Hairgrove

One bid retraction, "cannot contact seller" given as reason.

The big scan doesn't seem to correspond with the scans of the holder
.... there is toning on the eagle's wing in the picture with holder
which is missing in the big scan. Obverse detail included in the big
scan seems to be missing from the smaller pictures which were made of
the holder.

Red flags here, anyone?

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old March 26th 05, 10:06 PM
Alan Williams

1853 Seated Liberty Rare Half Dollar Coin, Certified AU-50
THE SCARCED "NO MOTTO" COIN RED BOOK VALUE $600!!!
Current Bid only $76.00!!!!!
DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!

Can be found he

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=

This one won't last folks!

You must be kidding me. Based on your use of the newsgroup, you should
have typed 'this one won't go away'.

Alan
'Item number editted for personal satisfaction'
Old March 27th 05, 03:50 AM
Bruce Farley

I asked:
"Why such a high shipping cost? Do you not know about Priority Mail?"
His response:
"Shipping and handling cost is not only figured based on priority
mail. It helps me to keep the cost of the coin down for you by covering
some of the e-bay and paypal fees, not to mention the packaging and
insurance on the item as well as materials need for shipping of the
item. Further at the current bid even with the shipping figured I
couldn't see how it would be an issue right now. If the coin sells at a
decent price I could see lowering the shippping. What did you have in
mind? Sincerely, Joe"

Old March 27th 05, 04:18 AM

Yes this is the reply I gave you on the item? could you tell me what
part of this is unfair or wrong? I am being honest. I am new to the
coin business i admit that and I can't believe all the negative
feedback I have been reading on this newsgroup. I will be the first to
admit it was an amatuer move advertising the coin in the newsgroups
like this, however it truely is a nice coin and is valued at $600.00!!
The current bid price is $105.50 why would you worry about an $18.95
shipping cost? If the coin sells for a decent amount I might be
willling to waive the shippping fees altogether! I am amazed at the
isn't the one I am selling to the high shipping to the spaming. Why
can't people just take the coin for what its worth. You guys are
experts right? Base the coin on the photos and bid what you think is
appropriate or don't bid at all but please don't make false or unfair
statements about the auction on here. Again I perosnally appologize
for advertising the coin on the newsgroup but don't appreciate all
this hostility towards the auction itself. My feedback rating on e-bay
speaks for itself.

Good Luck Bidding,

Sincerely,

Joe

Old March 27th 05, 04:29 AM
linxlvr

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 02:50:08 +0000, Bruce Farley wrote:

I asked:
"Why such a high shipping cost? Do you not know about Priority Mail?"
His response:
"Shipping and handling cost is not only figured based on priority
mail. It helps me to keep the cost of the coin down for you by covering
some of the e-bay and paypal fees, not to mention t

8--------------------------------

Oh good... he is charging me extra fees to make the coin cheap for me.
I feel like bidding on his stuff even more now. :-)

--
DW

Old March 27th 05, 04:46 AM
jim menning

wrote in message

My feedback rating on e-bay speaks for itself.

Yes, it says you've only done one sale, a highly controversial list
sale. Other than that, you've been only a buyer, and absent from eBay
for a year and a half.

How is your feedback supposed to show that you have any reputation to
be proud of (or trusted) as a seller?

Also, you boast of what a great deal one can save by buying the coin
from you. Tell us what the reserve is, and we'll determine whether
it's a good deal or not.

jim menning

Old March 27th 05, 04:51 AM
James Higby

wrote in message

[...]

Joe, I would make the following suggestions:

1) Always put FS: [for sale] or FA: [for auction] at the beginning of your
posting header.
2) Avoid "sensational" elements such as "WOW" "RARE" and "LOOK." They make
your efforts appear amateurish.
3) Avoid using all capital letters and exclamation points.
4) Post a sale notice no more than once, certainly not more than twice for
the same item, once at opening, once near closing.
5) If the coin is certified, identify the certification company in the
header.
6) Avoid patronizing the members of r.c.c. with hype outside the listing.
We are a fairly cynical bunch here, and prefer to judge for ourselves
whether something is exciting.
7) Within your listing, let the coin speak for itself, without distracting
use of color, etc. The coin will sell for just as much, if not more, with a
more professional presentation.
8) Rethink your shipping costs. They can be a sore subject with many
veteran eBay bidders.

I encourage you to revise your notification procedures according to these
suggestions. In my opinion you will get a much more cordial reception in
the future, should you do so. These suggestions are mine and mine alone,
and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone else here in r.c.c.

James