Heat-Wave Brag

Old August 4th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
William M. Klimon

Default Heat-Wave Brag

A week ago, I was looking at my shelf where I saw four novels by
Walker Percy novels and realized that I no longer had a copy of LOST IN
THE COSMOS: THE LAST SELF-HELP BOOK (1983). I really enjoyed that--I
read it when it was published--and thought to myself that I should get
another copy of it.

Today, doing a little scouting, as I passed the second bookcase in a
local thrift I saw a copy of LOST IN THE COSMOS jammed in at the
bottom. Ah-ha, I can make that (re)acquisition right now. The book is
a little worse for the wear, but when I opened it up I had the nice
surprise to see that it's a first, signed by Percy (d. 1990) above his
name on the title page.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

Old August 4th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"William M. Klimon" wrote in message
oups.com...
A week ago, I was looking at my shelf where I saw four novels by
Walker Percy novels and realized that I no longer had a copy of LOST IN
THE COSMOS: THE LAST SELF-HELP BOOK (1983). I really enjoyed that--I
read it when it was published--and thought to myself that I should get
another copy of it.

Today, doing a little scouting, as I passed the second bookcase in a
local thrift I saw a copy of LOST IN THE COSMOS jammed in at the
bottom. Ah-ha, I can make that (re)acquisition right now. The book is
a little worse for the wear, but when I opened it up I had the nice
surprise to see that it's a first, signed by Percy (d. 1990) above his
name on the title page.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

Congrats!

Kris

Old August 5th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
LiRM

On 3 Aug 2006 17:31:31 -0700, "William M. Klimon"
wrote:

A week ago, I was looking at my shelf where I saw four novels by
Walker Percy novels and realized that I no longer had a copy of LOST IN
THE COSMOS: THE LAST SELF-HELP BOOK (1983). I really enjoyed that--I
read it when it was published--and thought to myself that I should get
another copy of it.

Today, doing a little scouting, as I passed the second bookcase in a
local thrift I saw a copy of LOST IN THE COSMOS jammed in at the
bottom. Ah-ha, I can make that (re)acquisition right now. The book is
a little worse for the wear, but when I opened it up I had the nice
surprise to see that it's a first, signed by Percy (d. 1990) above his
name on the title page.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

That's awesome!

I've only had the experience a couple of times, but I'm newer to this
then most of you, but it sure is exhilarating.

Wishing you (and all of us) more of the same!

Regards,

LiRM
Old August 5th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Carney Wilde

wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on your find. I also have only known this feeling of
exhilaration a few times. Most notably, last year, when I found a first
edition copy with DJ of Miami Blues (1984) by Charles Willeford in near
fine/near fine condition for $1.50 at a Connecticut Goodwill.

AL