Canada releases new $50 note

Old October 14th 04, 03:04 PM
John Stone

Default Canada releases new $50 note

http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archiv.../13/c9779.html
Old October 14th 04, 06:34 PM
Kyle Mutcher

Bank of Canada link for the new $50

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/bankno...2001-05_50.htm

K.

"John Stone" wrote in message
om...
http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archiv.../13/c9779.html

Old October 15th 04, 06:02 PM
Sheldon England

"Kyle Mutcher" wrote in message ...
Bank of Canada link for the new $50

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/bankno...2001-05_50.htm

That is the ugliest thing the BoC has ever made! The Haida $20 was
questionable (since when does the art of 0.004% of Canadians represent
or reflect "Canadian" art?) but this is hideous. What is that on the
back? From chair to shining chair? A picture of Bea Arthur on a
medallion? At least the new $5 and $10 aren't eyesores. Sheesh!

IMO.

- Sheldon the disapointed Canadian
Old October 16th 04, 02:53 AM
Scottishmoney

After clicking through 10 or so links, I finally found an image. It looks
like a grocery store coupon to me. I think I will just stick to collecting
Canadian Tire Coupons, they look better.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Don't vote for a Washington Fat Cat, vote for a Black Cat
"Sheldon England" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle Mutcher" wrote in message

Bank of Canada link for the new $50

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/bankno...2001-05_50.htm

That is the ugliest thing the BoC has ever made! The Haida $20 was
questionable (since when does the art of 0.004% of Canadians represent
or reflect "Canadian" art?) but this is hideous. What is that on the
back? From chair to shining chair? A picture of Bea Arthur on a
medallion? At least the new $5 and $10 aren't eyesores. Sheesh!

IMO.

- Sheldon the disapointed Canadian

---

Old October 16th 04, 03:49 AM
Nooker

rats, no polymer

I was hoping that the BoC would take the plunge, but alas, we continue to
wait, counterfeits continue to be made, and tax dollars are spent printing
notes that don't last

Mark

"John Stone" wrote in message
om...
http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archiv.../13/c9779.html

Old October 16th 04, 05:12 PM
Michael G. Koerner

Nooker wrote:

rats, no polymer

I was hoping that the BoC would take the plunge, but alas, we continue to
wait, counterfeits continue to be made, and tax dollars are spent printing
notes that don't last

You guys have a paper company with a *STRONG* lobbyist effect, too, eh?

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old October 20th 04, 09:22 PM
Kyle Mutcher

Canadian Bank Note Co. has printed polymer notes for northern Ireland and I
believe Zambia, but the Bank of Canada has decided to not go with polymer. I
have heard that it is due to the difficulty in handling and sorting the
notes after they've been circulated for a while, they become very slippery.
It's hard to keep a "wad" of mexican 20 peso notes together, they pop out
and slide real easy. I believe Thailand is reconsidering their polymer 50
baht note for this reason as well. I do like the look of the polymer notes,
esp the Northern Ireland £5. In time it will happen.

The paper lobby is non-existant here, the paper for the current notes
(Journey Series) is made in Germany. The company that used to make the paper
wasn't able to make the new banknote paper with the embedded colour shifting
security strip, or the Holographic strip. The company that used to produce
all the paper has scaled back significantly since.
Kyle.

___________________________________________ ____

_______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise

again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |

Updated Balto $200 Federal Reserve Note Act Malanutt 4 Life Coins 1 December 28th 04 01:13 AM
Four Shilling Note Scottishmoney Paper Money 1 August 8th 04 04:47 PM
Canada releases the "Lucky Loonie" Dan Johnson Coins 0 August 6th 04 04:16 AM
World Coins Available Canuckcoin Coins 0 December 10th 03 02:12 AM
Coins available from around the world Canuckcoin Coins 0 December 10th 03 01:57 AM