Italian Stamp Varieties

Old March 16th 09, 11:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Default Italian Stamp Varieties

I have recently added to my web pages on Varieties in Italian Stamps.

My aim is to illustrate those varieties that are not illustrated in
standard catalogues, using examples from my own collection.

It also acts as a 'bank' of illustrations to assist the authorities should
they go missing at any time ;-)

You can find the index at:

http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/stamps/italy.html

I hope you enjoy them.

I have many more illustrations in the pipe-line, so keep
a watch on the site if you are interested.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old March 16th 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Very nice Tony! so far.
Umberto 1 opt delivers a "page error"
Rod.

Old March 16th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

One extra for the Social Republic
the 1L25 model with red opt
http://cjoint.com/data/dsnPhjYps4.htm

HTH

Old March 16th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Tony,

just as to the word or term "variety", I had a discussion the other day on
Stampboards about whether variety was the word to use for a haphazard
things that were different from the usual and to use the word variation
when the change was done on purpose.

As you mentioned it, the Italian traffic lights were a conscious change in
the design, so not a variety but a variation??

groetjes, Rei8n

Op Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:41:57 +0100 schreef rodney
:

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old March 16th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Tony,

not only Umberto is failing, but also I can not see the Treiste pictures...

groetjes, Rein

Op Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:30:40 +0100 schreef rodney
:

Old March 16th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Tony,
can you explain how the propaganda fide example is a "re entry" please?
to me it seems "re drawn"
Thanks.

Old March 16th 09, 10:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "rodney" wrote:

Very nice Tony! so far.
Umberto 1 opt delivers a "page error"

Sorry! Checked and corrected

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want