Oddball cards anyone?

Old November 7th 04, 03:28 AM
Lynne Stewart

Default Oddball cards anyone?

So, anyone collect cards beyond the mainstream/main companies like
Rittenhouse, Topps, Inworks and so-on?
I've got binders filled with some of the craziest stuff..credit cards,
lottery tickets, membership cards, parody cards, that sort of thing?
Lynne
Lynne Stewart http://www.jklm.net/startrekcards.html
KLM Enterprises, Inc. Home of the Trek Card Geek!

***

Ask about the Card Collective Collector's Edition-a Star Trek cards
CDROM-images, info, checklists. Now with free promos and wrapper reward
card!!!

Old November 7th 04, 03:35 AM
kevin le pore

I love the oddball , food related stuff , lenticulars , Etc

check out my webpages below ,
I love the Marvel Related Stuff & Movie tie-ins

Kevin

Kevin C. LePore
12 Sebastion Drive
Rochester , New York
U.S.A. 14625

http://community.webtv.net/kevinlepo...insComicsCards

http://community.webtv.net/kevinlepore/KevinscardList

Old November 7th 04, 06:31 AM
MIKZCARDZ

Subject: Oddball cards anyone?
From: "Lynne Stewart"
Date: 11/6/04 10:28 PM Eastern Standard Time
So, anyone collect cards beyond the mainstream/main companies like
Rittenhouse, Topps, Inworks and so-on?
I've got binders filled with some of the craziest stuff..credit cards,
lottery tickets, membership cards, parody cards, that sort of thing?
Lynne
Lynne Stewart
http://www.jklm.net/startrekcards.html
KLM Enterprises, Inc. Home of the Trek Card Geek!

***

Ask about the Card Collective Collector's Edition-a Star Trek cards
CDROM-images, info, checklists. Now with free promos and wrapper reward
card!!!

Hi Lynne -- I too have run across some odd things besides RH,CI,etc...

For example -- I have some Classical Composer Cards that look like "flash
cards" from the likes of Mozart, Chopin, etc.

Also -- I do enjoy older tobacco cards of "Flags" -- For some reason, I always
have enjoyed Flags (history) and there are many different sets devoted to them
including 1958 Flags of the World.

Cards from toys are also fun to collect -- but, my favorite cards (promos,
actually) are from some sort of Dinosaur Game set that was never produced -- I
run across them every now and then from bulk buy-outs ...

Someday, I would like to have pics of more unique card finds that I have on my
site -- I wish I had more time for that...ebay keeps me too busy sometimes!

Mike Surratt
www.mikzcardz.com
Old November 7th 04, 01:40 PM
Paul B.

I have a few 'oddball' cards - mostly postcards and food premiums (some of
them are on my card gallery) - The Food premiums are getting creative -
BabyBel cheese did a set of "Thunderbirds The Movie" stickers which could be
stuck to a (supplied) magnet, and FAB ice lollies did 'film cels' for the
same film - I know, strictly, neither is a 'Card' but fun collectables
nevertheless!
Au Res.,
Paul

--
http://www.efbenson.co.uk/
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Old November 7th 04, 06:26 PM
spidergoblin

Old November 8th 04, 12:17 PM
B and B

I'd be interested in hearing from any collector who does 'not' have
oddball stuff L

I figure most of us get carried away into some niche here 'n there
beyond the usual.

I collect most anything "Xena" related..cards, toys, diecast cars, board
game, bobbleheads, comics, magazines, cereal boxes and more.
At some point there was soooo much of it that I cut back a bit and
stopped collecting everything. But do still go after anything remotely
that can fit into a binder...
bookmarks, bread stickers, food premiums, wallet cards, gaming cards.

And though I didn't go quite so crazy with "Buffy" stuff...still collect
playing cards, card games, diecast cars (with cards),
bookmarks, gaming cards...

And our household collection always needs interesting lenticular/motion
cards from almost anything...lots of that from fast food premiums and
supermarket products..and more recently from DC toy lines..

Hmm. And anything "Storm" and "Rogue" related (Marvel characters)...
diecast cars, toys, keychains, stickers, as well as traditional nonsport
cards.

aarrgghh it never ends!

Byrna

Old November 8th 04, 05:51 PM
MIKZCARDZ

aarrgghh it never ends!

Byrna

Isn't that the truth! Niches are really the way to go -- I didn't go that way.

At least cards do not take up as much room as comics! But, it's close -- I
started collecting with a binder or two back in the early 90's. I turned a
spare bedroom into my "card" room for my collection/extras and now it's taken
up most of rec room with inventory. At least my wife is understanding about it!
::whistles::

I envy collectors that stay on path with one certain genre/topic/etc.

Mike Surratt
www.mikzcardz.com

Old November 8th 04, 06:07 PM
Lynne Stewart

I've got more then enough Trek to keep me busy to even think of straying and
that's just cars..I gave up on osme of the other categories..books, food
items (though I still do the cards form them!). Too much space for all of
it! Still I never figured out how people keep up with so many diffrent
areas!!!

Lynne