Is anyone else fed up...

Old October 27th 04, 07:20 PM
Paul B.

Default Is anyone else fed up...

....of all those seemingly pointless posts on here of late about some
individual apparently being the next worst thing to Satan? I don't know the
story behind them, and I don't want to, but posting here is not worth the
bother!
Au Res.,
Paul

--
http://www.efbenson.co.uk/
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Old October 29th 04, 09:57 PM
Lynne Stewart

There is that and alot of things making the message group alot less fun,
maybe we should start some discussion threads?

Old October 30th 04, 10:26 AM
kevin le pore

Hi paul ,

Yeah , Does anybody moderate this site????
thought it was for posting about non sport trading cards and that kinda
stuff...

Kevin

Kevin C. LePore
12 Sebastion Drive
Rochester , New York
U.S.A. 14625

http://community.webtv.net/kevinlepo...insComicsCards

http://community.webtv.net/kevinlepore/KevinscardList

Old October 30th 04, 10:57 AM
Paul B.

Might be worth a try! Anyone want to talk about anything NS related that
ISN'T a plug for eBay?
Au Res.,
Paul

Old October 30th 04, 02:18 PM
Lynne Stewart

I'm in
And Kevin, no, it's not officially moderated, which has some positives, I
suppose. This happens to be one of the negatives.

Lynne

Old October 30th 04, 03:51 PM

Count me in too :+)

Aside from the spam, part of the problem I think, from a few years ago,
is that some of the larger ISP's now have their own 'groups'...and don't
provide direct Usenet access. So lots of folks don't even know 'we'
exist here.

But let's give it a go, and see if we can revive this place a little.

Byrna

Old October 31st 04, 10:41 AM
Paul B.

Kevin,
I don't think there IS a moderator now - there used to be a FAQ regularly
posted, but that seems to have stopped. (though if there IS one, and he/she
is reading this, please post a note to say "Hi!")

I know there are other discussion resources out there (heck, I'm on some of
them!) but it would be a shame if this area died the death of a thousand
spamtraps...
Au Res.,
Paul

Old October 31st 04, 12:30 PM
Lynne Stewart

I agree, alot of us met here originally *way back then* and I keep coming
back here out of fondness is anything

Lynne Stewart http://www.jklm.net/
KLM Enterprises, Inc. Home of the Trek Card Geek!

***
Ask about the Card Collective Collector's Edition-a Star Trek cards
CDROM-images, info, checklists.
Now with free promos and wrapper reward card!!!

Old October 31st 04, 01:13 PM
Over_worked Mom

I don't think this was ever a moderated group, but I know I left a
long time ago because of all the junk I had to wade through just to
read something relevant. My question is this though : Is this group
primarily for SELLING/TRADING of Non-Sport cards, or is it for
Discussion?