Weeks Success and Question

Old August 3rd 03, 05:03 PM
Brian in VA

Default Weeks Success and Question

"TRDTRIX" wrote in message

Weeks Success

Eugene Fluckey 1016 Sandpiper Lane Annapolis, MD 21403-4633 SIC also a

note
from his wife requesting no more autograph requests for he has been

diagnosed
with Alzheimers

Let me see.....his wife asks for no more requests, yet you include his
address in your post. You know of course that there are those who will just
see the address and write anyway, ignoring the "no more" request.

Brian

Old August 3rd 03, 05:53 PM
Dahoov2

Agreed Brian and let me say in his defense that he didn't want to be
slammed probably by people who will say "you posted your success
without an address?" they slam, get mad and nasty and are rude and
crude. However.... I for one would rather they call me names and get
p/o'd than print that to disturb a family who has enough to deal with

As with the posts about who gives addresses/who doesn't and who posts
public events and who doesn't like it. What is called for in these
groups is a code of ethics. I have mentioned this in the past and
it's been ignored.

My code of ethics would be in the past to post the successes without
the address but that upset people and seemed like "flaunting it" so
these days I will not even mention it. But I would never post
addresses of people of those really sick or recovering or if asked not
to. Even if NOT asked not too, some common sense should apply. I
call it a decent human thing to do.

Old August 4th 03, 03:02 AM
TRDTRIX

Let me see.....his wife asks for no more requests, yet you include his
address in your post. You know of course that there are those who will just
see the address and write anyway, ignoring the "no more" request.

In my defense Brian I assume you have access to The Star Archive which the
addy is from you will note there is NO Mention of any Health problems with Mr
Fluckey I chose to include this for the majority of those who read these posts
Access the Star Archive If I didn't post the Addy then all it would take is a
simple trip to the Star Archive to find the Addy I included the note out of
respect to Mrs Fluckey and to save some postage on fellow collectors for it
seems to be very soon that Ms Fluckey will just refuse any requests for her
Husbands Autograph

The only reason I am responding to your post is the Cynical manner in which
you presented it where these types of posts ( Not just yours) have done a great
job in driving away many who take the time to post successes in this group
Which I have been doing for the past few years and it seems to be getting
smaller and smaller You may want to alter the manner in which you post

Think About it

TRD
Old August 4th 03, 03:15 AM
Dahoov2

But to what purpose was it to post may I ask that?

I get it's nice you want to help people here, but what is more
importnant a sick man and his struggling family or an autograph
seeker. Just food for thought. As Brian said, there will be those on
here who will no doubt look to 'cash in' before it's too late. Though
the address may be on Star Archive, why make it easier for them to do
that?

Old August 4th 03, 03:23 AM
TRDTRIX

Mr Fluckey would continue to be sent autograph requests if no mention was made
of his affliction By posting the note hoepfully it would cut down on those
requests That was my purpose in posting the note

TRD
Old August 4th 03, 04:32 AM
Brian in VA

"TRDTRIX" wrote in message
[...]

Not cynical...straightforward. I have no problem with people reporting
successes. However, when someone asks for no more requests due to failing
health and then you post their address, it raised a "Why did he do that?"
flag in my mind immediately. Mentioning the success...fine. Taking the time
to let people know of the health problems and request for no more mail,
bravo. But your posting of the address....well, I just didn't see that as
serving any purpose. My comment was directed more towards the louts who will
see a success and an address, and completely blank on the health concerns of
the subject and send a request anyway, quite possibly not even knowing who
he is. They will just see the chance for an easy success. They may be
immediately drawn to the address and overlook all else. I just think that
mentioning the success and the request of the family would have been
sufficient.

As far as the manner I post....methinks you are a bit too sensitive. If I
wanted to be snotty, then I would have taken the time to comment on your
obvious unfamiliarity with proper punctuation and capitalization, which you
have once again chosen to demonstrate in your response to my initial post.
But I won't do that.

Regards......
Brian